Alpha

Scott's POV

Trees blurred past as I ran, jumping over the occasional rock. The red eyes had disappeared but I could still hear the quick footsteps.

Suddenly, I was yanked back, thrown onto the ground. I coughed as dust flew up, clouding my vision. Before I could recover, I was lifted into the air, tossed aside again. I started to lift myself up before I felt a foot kick into my side, knocking me back down.

I was spun around then punched in the face before my collar was pulled on, bringing my torso off the ground.

"Scott!" I heard someone yell before the person was tackled off of me. I dropped back to the ground, my wounds healing. I struggled to my feet, looking over to see Derek, red eyed with fangs exposed and claws out.

"Derek?"

"Alpha sticking up for his pack. I like it." the stranger spoke, getting up again. He dusted his hands off before both Derek and I pushed him back to the ground, holding him down.

"Who are you?"

"I'm the big bad wolf, of course. You haven't seen Little Red Riding Hood anywhere have you?"

Derek hand came down on his cheek, leaving claw marks on the skin. They healed almost instantly, the man stretching out his jaw.

"Don't like comedy, eh? Are you one of the serious Alphas?"

Derek lifted the man up, pushing him up against a tree. "Who are you?"

"Let's play a guessing game. If you get my name right, I'll tell you who I am."

"Derek wait!" I yelled as he lifted his hand again. I caught his wrist, pulling him away from the man. "Calm down, ok? I'm Scott."

"I know who you are. Everyone does."

"What do you mean? Who else is there?"

"You'll find out soon enough."

Derek let out a loud howl before pushing me aside "Let me handle him. Go home Scott."

"Yeah. Go home Scott." another voice parroted from behind us. Erica walked over, along with someone else, someone familiar.

"No! We won't get answers if you kill him." I pointed out as the man watched all of us with a smile on his face.

"This is all very cute but can I get on with killing you all now?" The man pushed off the tree, leaping onto Derek. They both fell to the ground as growls started to come from all of us.

Something inside snapped. I slashed the man's side with my claws, kicking him off Derek. I bared my teeth with a snarl as Erica caught the man's head, scratching at his neck. The man easily lifted her off of him, tossing her at Derek, who was getting up.

I went in for another slash, barely even starting to swing before the man had thrown me back.

"Come on! Is that all you got?" the man yelled, tearing his jacket off and rolling his head around before looking at all of us with bright red eyes.

I stood up, using a tree as support as I tried to calm the situation down. "What do you want?"

"Entertainment. And I'm not getting any of that here. You're all puppies. Untrained, sloppy, controlled by your inhuman side. You can't even fight off a shift."

Derek launched himself at the man, kneeing him in the gut before pushing him back. "You want entertainment? I'll give you entertainment."

We all attacked, charging the man. He pushed all of us off of him, sending us flying into different directions.

I groaned as I slowly got onto my knees. I felt a hand grip into my hair, yanking my head back. I looked up into the wild eyes of the stranger as he smirked.

"Such a shame to kill someone with so much potential." He sighed before dragging one claw across my throat, making sure he didn't break the skin yet. "You would make a great Alpha one day. With the right training."

Derek growled before attacking the man again. He punched the man in the jaw, landing several blows before he was thrown off as if he was just a fly that had flown too close. 

I pushed myself off the ground, my hands balled into fists. The man's hand suddenly wrapped around my neck, lifting me off the ground, pinning me against a tree.

He tilted his head, tightening his hold as I gasped for air. I felt his sharp nails digging into the sides of neck as my air supply was cut off.

I heard a loud snarl before something pushed the man aside. I dropped to my knees, taking in deep, loud breaths, my fingers massaging my sore neck. 

The person didn't pause before attacking the man again. She held him down to the ground, her hand around his neck. She leaned down to whisper something, too quietly for me to hear. She then lifted her hand, her claws easily slashing his throat. She stood up, making a move to leave.

"Wait!" I called, bursting up. "Who are you?"

Derek growled a warning as I stepped forward. He grabbed my shirt to hold me back as she glanced back at me, revealing bright green eyes and a weird pattern on her face. She then turned and ran, quickly disappearing into the forest.

Erica's POV

"Why did we shift?" I asked as Derek wiped the blood off his face. He had taken us all back to the loft to clean up, handing us towels and making sure nothing was broken.

"I don't know. That man, that Alpha had something to do with it."

"Who was that girl? Did you turn someone else?" Scott nearly yelled, his arms folded across his chest.

"No. I didn't. Not her. She...was something different."

"And who are you?" Scott turned to Isaac now, obviously not catching on yet.

"Isaac Lahey. We're on the lacrosse team together."

"You turned Isaac?"

"I had my reasons." Derek muttered, tossing the rag at Isaac. "But did you see what we did out there, Scott? We worked together, as a pack. That's the way it should be."

"I still need time to think about it. I don't trust you."

"You do. You're just scared. Scott, let me put it to you this way. When you're in a pack, you're stronger, faster, smarter, everything."

"I know! I know."

"You have until the full moon to decide. If you join us, I'll train you. I'll help you with your self control. You'll be able to play lacrosse without even thinking about shifting."

Scott looked down then over at Isaac, his eyes flickering to me before going back to Derek.

"Think about it."

Author's Note:

NEW COVER!! I'm seriously in love with it:)

So I did a double update to make up for the fact that I haven't updated in over a month.

I'm so excited because now the drama's gonna start! *rubs hands together*

So, questions are: Who do you think the new mystery woman is? Why do you think they all shifted?

So, I will see you in my next chapter. BYEEE!!