You

Stiles POV

"Oh God." I muttered to myself, running my hands through my hair.

Everything was happening so quickly. We had just lost Laila and now, not minutes later, Sophie was laying dead in Scott's arms.

"Are you done?" I yelled at Kate, stepping away from Erica. "You've already killed two of us. What else do you want?"

"You." she answered, the smirk still on her face.

Before anyone could react, I heard the sound of a gunshot. I felt something cut into my chest, looking down as my hand lifted to touch the area in surprise.

"Stiles!" Erica cried out, running over to catch me as I began to fall back.

Erica's POV

"That wasn't supposed to happen." he choked out, somehow finding humor in this moment.      

"Stiles, what do I do?"

"Promise me you'll go the lake house. Promise me you'll find a way to stop the dead pool."

"I promise."

"And tell my dad I love him."

I saw Scott look up, letting out another sob at the sight of his best friend. "Stiles."

"Scott. Hey, you'll be alright. Just take care of everyone here for me, will you?"

"Yeah. I will."

"Good. Good." He turned his head back to me, his eyes slowly looking up into mine. "And you. There's so much I want to say right now but I think I only have enough time for I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'm sorry I didn't say it sooner. I knew. A while ago. I didn't tell you because I wasn't sure if it was too soon or not."

"No, it was perfect. Don't worry."

"Yeah? Perfect?"

"I wouldn't change a thing."

"Good." I heard him groan, his hand trembling as it lifted off the wound.

I immediately grabbed it, intertwining our fingers together. I heard his heart slow down, biting my lip on my sob.

"I love you, Stiles."

"I love you, Erica."

I let out a sob as his eyes slowly began to shut, the tears beginning to run down my cheeks. I sniffled, leaning down to hide my face in his shoulder.

"I love you." I repeated into the material of his shirt, my hands tightening on him.

Derek's POV

"Boys, our job here's done. You can come kill the rest later." Kate called, turning and walking out the door.

The assassins all left, some jumping out the windows while the others ran out the doors.

I looked around the room at the different grieving teens, thinking of what had happened in the past ten minutes.

I looked over at Bryn, standing with her hand over her mouth and tears in her eyes. I hesitantly moved to rest my hand against her back in a small comfort, stepping closer to her.

She looked over at me, jumping at the sudden touch. Her eyes then moved beyond me, over to Lydia and Isaac.

Her eyebrows furrowed, her eyes moving over to Scott, then Erica.

"Derek." she whispered, turning back to me. "Look at who they killed."

I stared at her in confusion before letting my eyes scan the room again, realizing what she'd noticed. "The humans."

"No. The brains."

Everyone looked over at her words, all of them with tear-stained cheeks. Scott was the first to catch on, his eyes widening.

"Stiles, Sophie and Laila. They were the ones that always figured it out." he muttered, his hand tightening on Sophie's arm.

"Stiles was close to figuring out how to stop the dead pool." Lydia added, nodding her head in agreement.

"Someone doesn't want it to stop."

"Kate?" Erica offered, turning her head to look at Scott.

"No. Not her." Lydia declined, her eyes lowering to the floor. "It would be too obvious."

"What if it was Meredith? You said she was the Benefactor."

"Maybe. I don't know."

I knew they were all in no position to think about things like this, their minds still clouded with the new emotions.

"You guys should get out of here." I suggested, folding my arms across my chest.

"What? What about the...bodies?" Scott asked, almost seeming to refuse to say the word.

"I'll handle them."

"No, they deserve funerals. They have families, we can't just throw them aside."

"I won't. But for right now, you guys need to get out of here and away from them. Take a few hours and then come back and we'll decide."

"It doesn't feel right to leave her."

"Just get out of here. I promise I won't do anything to them until you all get back."

Scott sighed as Bryn walked over, kneeling down to slowly take Sophie out of his arms. His hands clung to her body, his eyes moving down to look at the blonde.

"It's ok, Scott. Go home, take your time."

He finally let go, nearly running out of the warehouse after that. Erica was next to leave, much slower than Scott had.

Lydia and Isaac were the last to leave, continually looking back as if to make sure it was all real.

I let my head drop, my hands coming up to my face. I walked over to stand next to Bryn, who looked over at me.

"I'm sorry." she apologized, reaching out to grab my hand.

"For what?"

"You lost them too."

"Not quite." another voice said, making the both of us turn to see someone walk into the warehouse.

"Peter?"

Author's Note:

Peter's back! What do you think he's doing there?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEEE!!!