Go

Sophie's POV

"Stiles, do you remember that old bank we first tracked them too?" I asked, getting back in the car.

"Yeah, why?"

"Take us to it. I think they might be keeping them there."

"Why didn't you tell them that?"

"Because if I'm wrong, they'll have wasted their time. If I'm right, we'll just meet them there."

He started the Jeep, driving back onto the main road. "Alright, let's say you're right and they're there. What then?"

"Then we see if the Alphas are there. If they're not, we get Laila and Lydia and meet the pack at the train station."

"Why the train station?"

"Because they'll expect us to go to Derek's. Or Laila's. Or even Lydia's."

"How do you know all of this again?"

"Long story."

"Have you dealt with a pack of Alphas before?"

"No, definitely not. I'm not sure anyone has."

He tapped his fingers against the wheel, pursing his lips. "You don't think they'll kill them, do you?"

"The most they'll do is break a few bones, give them a couple scratches and bruises then send them back to Derek. The whole point of him joining their pack is that he has to be the one to kill them. Without that, he's just an Alpha without a pack. Weak."

"Brutal."

"It's true though. Without the pack, all of us would be defenseless."

"Do you ever wish they'd never got bit?"

"Sometimes. But not for me. For them. Scott was horribly uncooradinated before but he was happy, you know? He didn't have to worry about dying or fighting or any of this. But then you have Erica and Isaac. The bite changed their lives, for the better."

The Jeep rolled to a stop a bit away from the bank, Stiles getting ready to turn it off.

"Don't. You're staying here."

"No, I'm not. You're not going in there alone."

"If they're here, I'm going to need a quick getaway."

"What if you get hurt? I won't be able to know."

"They might not even be there. But if they are, her scent will lead the pack here. Don't worry, Stiles. I'll be fine." I opened the door and started to get out when Stiles grabbed my arm.

"Don't get yourself killed. I don't want to have to see Scott's face when I tell him his girlfriend got ripped apart by Alphas."

"No one's ripping me apart." I comforted, sending him a quick smile before jumping out.

I put my bow together, attaching the quiver to my hip before handing him the case.

"If one of them comes out here, leave. Call Scott or any of them and tell them but you have to promise you'll drive away."

He silently nodded as I patted his hand.

"I'll be right back."

I made my way over to the bank, looking around to see any obvious signs of entry. The lock was still broken, the door hanging off its hinges. I squeezed my way into the small opening, putting an arrow onto the string, just in case.

I walked as quietly as I could, looking into all of the rooms, checking the bathrooms and small offices. I even checked down in the basement. Nothing.

I walked upstairs next, pausing when I heard what sounded like a cough. I moved over to the safe, the door of it slightly open. I peeked in, only able to see a couple of bodies on the ground. None of them had the long hair of the girls so I assumed there had been more victims of the Alphas.

I took the chance and pushed the safe door open a little more, enough to get inside. My jaw dropped and my hands loosened on my bow.

My father was propped up against the wall, his shirt torn apart and blood coming out of his mouth as he coughed it up.

I ran over to him, kneeling down next to him. "Dad? Dad, look at me."

"We found them, sweetheart." he whispered, his voice dry and straining.

"Shh, it's ok. I'm gonna get you out of here. It's gonna be ok." I sniffled, saying the words more to myself than him.

I wrapped his arm over my shoulders, lifting him off the ground. I stumbled under all of his weight as he groaned.

"Dad, you're going to have to walk. Alright? It's not too far, just some stairs and then out the door. Ok?"

"The girls. Did you get...the girls?" he breathed out, his eyes meeting mine.

"You saw them? They're here?"

"Yes. Go get them. Get them out of here."

"I'm not leaving you behind. I can't."

"You can and you will. Now go. They need you."

"Dad." I felt one of my tears slip out as I tried to hold them back.

I was meant to be emotionless in these situations. It was always about the humans, about saving the helpless. Even if it meant losing some of your own of the way. But I wasn't ready to lose my dad.

"You're losing time. They'll be back by night. Go. It's alright." He lightly pressed a kiss to my forehead, letting his arm fall back to his side as he slid back to the ground. "It's ok."

I let out a sob, covering my mouth and turning to run out of the room. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes.

I reopened them and continued searching the rooms. I rushed now, being as silent as I could but there was only so much time.

I saw the door leading up to the roof, taking the chance that they were up there. I sighed with relief when I saw two chairs with the blindfolded girls in them.

I walked over and grabbed the ropes holding back Laila's hands. She gasped as I began trying to cut them loose.

She pulled off the blindfold and tape on her own, her eyes widening when saw me. "Sophie? What're you doing here?"

"Just cut yourself loose." I said, handing her the spare dagger before moving onto Lydia.

After they were both cut loose, rubbing their wrists, I began to lead them back into the bank.

"Sophie!" I heard a voice yell.

I turned and saw Scott, Isaac and Erica all running towards the bank.

"Get out of there! Go!"

"Let's go, girls. Come on." I ushered Lydia and Laila inside, running in front of them.

I no longer cared about being quiet, all of us running as fast as we could, their heels announcing our departure.

Kali was already waiting at the bottom of the staircase, her teeth bared and her eyes shining red.

"This way!" I yelled, pushing them in front of me this time.

I guided them back to the way up to the roof, all of us stumbling to a stop when Ennis stood in the way. I looked around for an escape, spotting the safe with the door still cracked open.

"Come on!"

I led them into the safe, the two Alphas meeting up and stalking behind us. I pushed the girls into the safe, turning and grabbing the door.

The Alphas began to run over as I pulled the door shut. I heard their roars of frustration as I let out a breath I'd been holding since Kali appeared.

Lydia folded her arms across her chest, a frown on her face. "Now what?"

Author's Note:

They found Laila and Lydia and Sophie found her dad! What do you think will happen next?

I'll see you in my next chapter. BYEEEE!!!!