Joker x reader- let him handle it

"A table for two please" I said to the kind lady as she nodded before showing us to an empty table.

"Thank you so much" We sat down as I ordered the set for 6 people since I know for sure we can finish all of it without noticing it.

I found this place last week where you buy the raw food and mix it and cook it in your table where there is a metal plate or grill and a deep metal thing where you cook something with soup in it.

We sat on both ends as a waiter placed plates and small dishes filled with meat and stuff to mix in for the soup and lots of different sauces to use for the meat and a lot of plates filled with meat and was separated by the cut style. She also placed a pot on the metal soup pot thing and it was filled with boiling water. I smiled as I saw all the food that covered our whole table. Our table wasn't even small because it fitted like 6 people and the waitress only showed us this table because the table for 2 people were all occupied. I took a sip from my ice water as I looked at all the raw food.

"Do you wanna start?" I asked him as he nodded and grabbed the chopsticks from the little bucket filled with it. He got a slice of meat before placing it on the grill.

I rubbed my hands together as I looked at all the plates and see what I could mix up in the pot since he was incharge on the grill side. I decided to mix in that spicy paste thing and added about 2 scoops. I also poured in like 4 spoons of chili powder and the soup was starting to look red as the paste started mixing itself with the hot water. I added some celery and chopped cabbage and carrots. I ordered some corn and added in as well before I poured in some salt and pepper and it was set. I got a piece of meat and dipped it in the soup until it was cooked. I tasted it and everything was perfect.

I looked over to see what he was doing and he was busy flipping the meat which was sizzling like hell. I am scared of oil and I'd much rather make soup than cook something with oil.

He placed the cooked meat on a plate before he handed me the tongs.

"I'm gonna go to the toilet" he said as I nodded before ge stood up and left leaving me to fight for my life.

"Chill dude it's just meat" I said before grabbing a slace and placed it on the hot plate as it immediately started releasing crispy noises. I breathed hard for a couple of minutes before I placed another slice and then another until all of it was a total of 6 slices which fit perfectly on the hot plate.

It immediately cooked and I safely flipped it and just as I had finished flipping all of it the first one I flipped was cooked since the cut style of the meat was thin.

I grabbed the first one and transferred it to a plate. I successfully got everything until I noticed the last one kept slipping from the tongs grip. I carefully held the meat with the tongs and made sure it wasn't going to fall and to my luck it started slipping and it fell. My stupid ass used my other hand to catch it as I stared at my hand before a high pitch scream escaped my mouth. I immediately almost threw the meat to the plate as more people started looking at me.

The waitress from earlier came running. My hand was red and it was beating like hell.

"Is everything alright miss?" She asked as she tried to examine what happened. "Oh no it's nothing to worry about, the meat slipped and I accidentally caught it with my hand" I said as I started blowing on my hand. The waitress left and came back with a small plastic bag filled with ice. I thanked her and placed my hand on the ice as it was feeling a bit better but it was still red.

I started eating as he finally came back. I dipped the meat in bbq sauce and I swear it was so good that I almost didn't notice him sat back down.

"Yo what took you so long?" I asked.

"Bathroom is closed. Went to the restaurant next door" he said as I nodded. He picked up his chopsticks and started eating as I continued on with my meal. I caught him looking at my hand a couple of times and before I knew it he was already pointing at it. Probably to ask me what happened. I explained to him and he gave me a disappointed look.

"I'm sorry for being clumsy. I'll be careful next time okay?" I said trying to reassure him and it took a while before we stared eating again.

In the middle of the meal he stood up to ask for more ice after he saw that my ice already melted. My hand wasn't even hurting anymore instead it was getting numb but I appreciate the kind gesture though. He is always so thoughtful and it's great.

-

We finished eating and we were out. Since we didn't wanna go home yet we decided killing the time while walking just anywhere life led us to.

"You know you don't have to fo it anymore since it doesn't hurt anymore right?" I said referring to my hand in which he held it in his hand and was shoved in the pocket of his jacket.

He stubbornly shook his head so I just sighed and let him do what he wanted. His over protective side is a blessing but sometimes it gets way out of hand. He's just too good.

It lasted a while before it was finally time to go home. We changed our clothes and rested after a long night.