Jay x reader (S)- library nonsense

Personal headcannon: there's no one who knows the library better than jay. Hehe

-

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow" my friend said before linking arms with her boyfriend.

"I'll see you two tomorrow. Enjoy your date!" I greeted before the three of us separated ways.

I made my way to the library where jay usually stays. It's been like this ever since we started dating. I mean. He didn't asked me to be his girlfriend but his actions were like it and when I told him he was my boyfriend he didn't deny it so yeah I guess we are considered dating.

'What book should I read for today?' Was always the question I ask when I go to the library to meet jay who is always studying.

I reached the library and entered the cozy place. There were a lot of students there. Studying. Some of them sleeping. Some of them having a hard time doing homework. Some of them were playing cards. Just the usual.

I walked through the bookshelves until I came out to the part of the library where there was a huge window which is where you can see the entrance of the school. The spot where there were only four tables. Almost all of the students didn't know about this place.

I looked to jay who was sitting on our usual table with a lot of books and papers. He was writing a super long essay and all the books were arranged by subject and by deadlines.

"That essay looks fun" I joked which caught his attention. He gave me a dry face as I plastered myself on the chair infront of him. It may look like he just ignored me but I am sure he was happy to see me here in the library again.

"I have a quiz for tomorrow" he said as I nodded. That usually means we'll end up staying a bit longer.

"I'm sure you'll ace this quiz without a sweat" I said, elbows on the table as I layed my chin on my hands, fully admiring the peaceful boy who was studying.

I don't have any important things to prepare for tomorrow so what should I be doing?

As usual jay only replied with a glance then back to his work. I stood up and went to the fiction area to pick out another book to read for today. Hoping to ease out this whole boredom.

There weren't any good books anymore and it seemed like I already read all of them while waiting for jay during other days.

I was slumping when I walked back to the spot and almost crashed on the chair. A groan of boredom escaped my lips as I layed my head on the table.

"Ugh so borinnngggg" I said, then I looked over to jay to see that he was fully focused on this stupid essay, that will only mean I can't tease him or something.

I gave up and started observing him. Observing the only thing that is moving. He was writing and I observed how his weiting was continuous as if he didn't need time to construct his sentences and stuff. Every once in a while he pushes up his eyeglasses when it starts slipping off. Another thing I observed was that he was always looking at his wristwatch every once in a while. Is he timing himself on how fast he could write the whole essay or is it something else?

He continued doing other homework, still anxiously checking his wristwatch every few minutes. Goodness seeing him doing that is making him way more hotter.

It felt like forever until he looked at his watch for the hundredth time today before looking at me. I was shocked of course. After he saw the time his gaze was fixed on me before looking at the speaker on the corner of the ceiling. What does he mean with this?

"Attention lovely students. The librarian will be off so all the books you wish to return please place it on the main desk with a note of your name and class section, the librarian will handle it tomorrow. Thank you" the announcement was heard throughout the whole library. Footsteps of students walking out of the library was heard as I sighed before looking back at jay who was now looking at me with the most sensual way he could give.