Owen x reader (ver)- prom

Guys I know they are old enough for prom but since covid came in I couldn't experience prom so yeah I'm pouring all my prom imaginations here. Also I'm back with the ver things. I just love seeing how different characters do something in the same situation and stuff.

KINDA LONG I GUESS MAYBE BECAUSE ITS OWEN OR SOMETHING BUT YEAH!

-

I was spinning my pen on my fingers as I had my feet on my desk and my body was balancing on my purposely leaning back chair. Quite suicidal at some point but atleast I look cool. I guess I've been hanging out with vinny a little too much that I'm starting to take in his actions.

Another boring day at sunny high and the teachers gave us a free 2 hours to get anywhere around school and ask for people our age to be your date for the prom next week. I wasn't really excited because I wasn't really looking for someone and I'm just excited because the teacher said there will be lots of food. I could just pay someone to be my partner because you can't get in the party if you don't have a date. What if  for example the boys are 36 and the girls are 34 are you telling me if the two guys want to go to the party they could date each other for a while for the party?? Weird right. I looked around and everyone was asking each other and walking from classroom to classroom. I sighed and took a look out of the window. I wanna ride my bike now. Everyone is so focused on this prom thing and it's getting annoying.

"Shelly will you go to prom with me?" This made me look at the people infront of me. The new guy owen was at shelly again. Jeez it's obvious she wants to go with jay like dude come on I ship them too much. I understand how the two of them were already friends for the longest time but they look cuter together.

"Sorry owen. I'm going with jay, right jay?" The both of them looked at jay who was scrolling through his phone. He didn't answer as shelly awkwardly laughed.

"He doesn't even look interested" he said. "Yes he is" she said back and inserted her hand in her pocket.

"See?" She said pulling out a weird flavored lollipop that had a small paper attached to it. 'Prom' was the word written in it and I couldn't help but shiver as I felt the goosebumps of seeing how the jelly ship is starting to sail. (Help why does my shipname sound so funny)

"Fine" was all he said before he started looking around the room and his eyes fell on me.

"Then I'll go with y/n instead" he said and slung his arm over my shoulders as I almost fell backwards in my seat. I pannicked a bit before I was able to get my balance right.

"Hey I almost fell" I said to owen who still had his arm on my shoulders. "Don't worry I'll catch you if you will" he said. Shelly sighed and looked at my direction.

"I'm really sorry y/n" she was a bit worried but I was okay with it. "Hey it's okay. I don't have a date yet anyway" I said and assured her it was fine. I caught owen staring at me as I looked at him and gave him a weird look.

"What?" I said as he just smiled.

"You know you're actually very beautiful" he said. I muttered out a thanks and looked away. He chuckled before he let go of me the sudden disappearance of the weight of his arm making me loose my balance on the chair as I didn't have a choice but to put my feet on the floor instead of the table.

Owen took a random chair and flipped it. He sat down on the chair backwards and rested his head on his crossed arms. I could see the person fall after sitting on his invisible chair and trust me it looked painful.

"Sooo...." he started and everything on my side was starting to get awkward. I mean his face is really near and I could see his features and this is actually the first time I saw his face up close and he's actually very attractive. Jeez what am I thinking?