Vinny x reader- A secret I failed to keep

"How many times do I have to tell you to stop going on that group of friends and ride stupid bikes?" My mom said to me as soon as I came back from training with the crew.

"Dear, she's top 2 of her class, she's still young so just let her, she deserves it" my dad said making my mom sigh.

"And being with those people can bring down your grades!" She yelled.

"She's keeping her grades high so she can go with her friends!" Dad yelled back.

Jeez I'm sick of having this every single day. Come on now I'm top 2 already, I do most of the home chores when I'm home, I clean my own stuff, I study everywhere just what is the point?

I kept this as a secret from the crew because I don't wanna ruin the mood and also I don't want them yo worry about me. Like remember the time when mia got into some misunderstanding? They went berserk. I don't wanna see that again so yeah the only person who knows this is jay, because obviously we have the same happenings. His mom and my mom are evil jits.

"I'm sorry" I said before going back out with my bike.

"Where do you think you're going young lady" she said about to stop me but dad got in before she could do anything.

"I'm going out, I know no matter what I do or no matter how high I get my grades I still think I'm not enough, I see other kids having failing grades but their still living life to the fullest, I don't wanna die not experiencing other stuff thatn studying. So I'm out for a while." I said making her take in all the stuff that I said.

Dad sighed before coming to me as I got on my bike.

"I know how you feel, take this money and go buy yourself a drink, I'll handle your mother" he said giving me lots of money.

"Thanks dad" I said as he gave me a hug.

"I used to be like this when I was young, I don't want your dreams to be crushed just like mine" he said making me about to cry.

"Now go" he said making me nod before I started going away from the house.

-

I stopped at a convenience store to buy myself a redbull. I parked my bike outside on a roadlight as I entered the store I always go to.

"It's your mom again?" A middle aged woman behind the counter said. I looked to her before smiling and nodding.

"I really don't understand your mom, you did everything above expectations and she still wouldn't let you do something you want! Trust me my kids have failing grades but I still let them go with their friends because it's what makes them really happy!" She said as I approached her.

"I'm starting to feel like I'm adopted" I said making her chuckle.

"Oh dear not that" she said in between her giggles.

"I'm guessing your dad helped you again huh?" She asked as I nodded.

"Good thing your dad understands what is means to be a high school student" she said making me nod again.

"But listen child, your mom may be wrong now but sooner or later she'll see what she did, and girl is she gonna regret everything" she said making me smile.

"I'm just waiting for that to happen" I said before laughing.

"Imma stop talking now go get your redbull" she said making me laugh before heading to the refrigerators.

I got my redbull before going back to her to pay it.

"I gave it a 50% discount" she said making me smile.