Chapter 2

"That was a peculiar hue, and Zhou Yi couldn't quite name the exact color. He slightly opened his mouth, attempting to shout, but no sound came out. He extended his arm, trying to reach the radiance in the lake, only to realize it was too far away.

Somehow, a thought emerged in his mind - a desire to touch that light, an urge to make contact no matter what. It was a primal cry, unvoiced from his mouth but repeated again and again in his heart.

Taking a step forward, one of Zhou Yi's feet immersed in the lake water. The chilly water of the night soaked his trousers, wetting his lower legs. The subtle coldness swiftly took away the warmth from his legs. Normally, Zhou Yi would have exclaimed and jumped away, but at this moment, he seemed to be devoid of any sensation. His other foot followed suit and stepped into the water.

Amidst this bewildered confusion, Zhou Yi failed to notice that both his feet had entered the lake, and his entire body gradually followed suit.

The peculiar hues above the lake's surface gradually sank and reached the water in the heart of the lake.

This was merely a small lake, where fish and shrimp scattered and fled upon encountering this peculiar radiance. Only Zhou Yi, seemingly lost and soulless, swam slowly toward this strange spectrum of colors.

Zhou Yi had honed his swimming skills in this lake. Every summer since he was young, he would play and swim here, becoming adept at navigating the water. Though he wasn't a top-tier swimmer, he had no problem swimming a distance.

Gradually, Zhou Yi approached the peculiar radiance.

The closer he got, the stronger he felt its intense allure. It was like a child seeing candy or a playboy encountering a naked beauty - Zhou Yi couldn't muster any resistance at all.

He reached out his hand and gently touched the peculiar radiance.

With a gentle touch, as if holding an invaluable treasure or preserving his own life, he grasped it.

It was a ball of light, an ethereal glow seemingly weightless. However, as Zhou Yi's hands made contact with this radiance, countless inexplicable images and sounds immediately flooded his mind.

The first thing that appeared was an empty and desolate scene. Everything was empty, devoid of anything except vast emptiness. Zhou Yi himself began to feel a sense of emptiness, where everything seemed void of worry, sadness, joy, or laughter. It was as if he was experiencing the true essence of the word "emptiness."

It wasn't a spiritual emptiness, but rather a genuine... emptiness.

Time seemed indefinite, and then a ray of light emerged in the emptiness, like the first beam of sunlight rising, born from this boundless emptiness. However, this ray of light didn't smoothly transition from non-existence to existence. After it suddenly illuminated, it quickly dimmed, and the entire world once again plunged into infinite darkness.

However, the light reappeared swiftly, expelling the darkness and revealing everything once more. Then, the light vanished, reappeared, vanished again, and reappeared once more. It continued in an endless cycle, as if each disappearance and reappearance were a reincarnation. With each cycle, the power of the light grew stronger, eventually triumphing over the night and suddenly bursting forth, enveloping everything in its radiance.

In that moment, Zhou Yi's spirit seemed to awaken. He watched in a daze as this strange transformation unfolded, like a bystander. Being still young, he couldn't comprehend the meaning behind these changes. The only thing he could ascertain was that he seemed to have encountered something extraordinary.

When the light seemed to perpetually shine, the darkness seemed to realize it could no longer extinguish the light. Instead of leaving, it entwined tightly with the light, eventually forming a peculiar object of two opposing forces.