Chapter 178

A resounding thunderclap echoed through the dense forest, as if an explosion had erupted. Yu Jinglei, propelled by the force of lightning, soared through the air, and the swirling emerald aura surrounding him grew even more intense. It formed a colossal cocoon-like shield, enveloping his entire body.

Unlike any opponent encountered by Zhou Yi before, this protective barrier seemed tangible, delivering a visually stunning impact. While Cheng Fu could unleash a fiery qi shield that resembled flames when harnessing his fire power to the extreme, it paled in comparison to the aura swirling around Yu Jinglei.

However, despite this nearly solid qi shield, cracks appeared inch by inch as Yu Jinglei flew several zhang away, swiftly spreading and fracturing at an alarming pace. In the blink of an eye, the entire shield burst apart, as if it had never existed.

Yu Jinglei's face revealed an undeniable expression of profound astonishment. As he gazed upon the still dust-covered surroundings, a sense of joy he had not experienced in over a hundred years welled up within him.

His movements were as swift as lightning. After retreating several zhang in mid-air, his feet finally touched the ground with stability. Yet, at the very moment his feet landed, a faint sound emanated from that precise spot. Countless fissures spread out like a spiderweb, encompassing the surroundings.

At that moment, a peculiar shade of red appeared on his face. However, it quickly vanished without a trace.

His strength proved inadequate to fully withstand the thunderous blow from Zhou Yi, forcing him to transfer a portion of the force to his feet. This revelation underscored the immense power embedded within Zhou Yi's strike.

After a moment, the dust-filled area finally returned to normal. Zhou Yi gripped the Great Guan Dao in his hand and looked at the elderly man ahead with respect and admiration. Under his all-out strike, someone had finally managed to receive it unscathed. And judging by Yu Jinglei's current appearance, it seemed as though he hadn't suffered any injuries.

The disparity between them was truly immense...

Folding the Great Guan Dao and putting it away, Zhou Yi bowed deeply and said, "Senior, your divine power is unfathomable. I am in awe."

Yu Jinglei smiled faintly but inwardly felt a twinge of embarrassment. In truth, he had sustained some internal injuries when receiving that strike, but with his cultivation, he could easily hide it from Zhou Yi, a Innate expert.

Of course, Yu Jinglei had to conceal it from everyone as much as possible. If it were known that a powerhouse from the One-line Heaven had been injured by a Innate grandmaster from the Hundred Scattered Heavens during a fair competition, he would lose all face and dignity.

"Yi, you performed admirably, surpassing my expectations by far," Yu Jinglei sighed with a profound sense of emotion. "Like Medicine Daoist, you may call me Senior uncle."

Zhou Yi hesitated briefly but then readily complied, "Yes, Senior uncle." He continued, "Senior uncle, I am aware that beyond the Innate realm, there is the Divine Path. Have you already stepped onto the Divine Path?"

He asked this question because during their recent exchange, he keenly felt the immense gap between them. It was a gap so vast that it was unimaginable, akin to the feeling of a postnatal expert facing a grandmaster.

Even a peak-level expert with ten layers of Postnatal Inner Energy, even someone like Xue Lie who was just one step away from advancing to the Innate realm, could not contend with a true Grandmaster. Zhou Yi felt this distinctly in the final moment of his exchange with Yu Jinglei. Otherwise, Yu Jinglei would not have been able to withstand Zhou Yi's full-strength strike.