Chapter 185

"Medicine Daoist , this should be a disciple of Ling Yao Peak," Zhou Yi said solemnly. "She kidnapped Li Xun and sought to obtain the Innate Golden Pill, but I have already killed her."

Medicine Daoist nodded, his expression a mix of regret, anger, disgust, and a touch of resignation.

"Elder Zhou, all of this is due to my lax management, which led to this regrettable incident," Medicine Daoist sighed lightly. "It has caused Miss Yuan to be alarmed."

Yuan Lixun quickly stepped forward from behind Zhou Yi and respectfully bowed to Medicine Daoist . She said, "Medicine Daoist , this matter has nothing to do with you. It is entirely the fault of this woman's greed."

Medicine Daoist smiled bitterly and said, "This person is a disciple of Ling Yao Peak, and this incident happened on Ling Yao Peak. How could it have nothing to do with me?" He lowered his head to look at the corpse in front of him and spoke in a soft voice, "The refinement of the Innate Golden Pill is indeed a significant event within the sect. But once the pill is refined, these disciples who have diligently cultivated their entire lives, reaching the tenth level of Inner Energy, have no right to enjoy it. Naturally, they feel bitter in their hearts."

Zhou Yi raised his eyebrows slightly, and his antipathy towards Gu Qiying instantly diminished.

He had also climbed up from the tenth level of Inner Energy, and he vividly remembered the sense of despair and helplessness when he reached the peak of the tenth level but found himself unable to continue advancing. If it hadn't been for his grandfather and uncle opening the secret chamber in their house, revealing the method to advance to the Innate Realm, who knows if he would have gone mad.

This Gu Qiying, to be honest, was nothing more than a pitiful creature harboring delusions of seizing the Golden Pill and advancing to the Innate Realm.

Of course, after learning from the lessons of the Red Scarf Bandit and Fan Haoyue, Zhou Yi would certainly show no mercy to those who wished him harm.

Just as the moment arrived, when Medicine Daoist revealed himself, he did not hesitate to swiftly eliminate Gu Qiying, without giving Medicine Daoist a chance to plead for mercy. His actions were as quick as lightning, clearly indicating that he would not entertain any pleas from Medicine Daoist .

However, he did not anticipate that Medicine Daoist 's emergence was not for the purpose of pleading. Though Gu Qiying possessed talent in martial cultivation, how could she compare to Zhou Yi? To seek the Innate Golden Pill, she had even resorted to kidnapping Yuan Lixun. If some irreparable consequences were to occur, resulting in Zhou Yi being expelled from Hengshan, it would be unbearable not only for Gu Qiying but even for Medicine Daoist .

Thus, even if Zhou Yi did not take action, Medicine Daoist would never spare her life.

However, through this incident, Medicine Daoist also sensed the hidden intentions of those high-level practitioners at the tenth level of Inner Energy in the mountain. It was impossible to believe that the other outstanding disciples did not harbor similar thoughts.

Before coming out, Medicine Daoist had already made a decision to discuss with Yu Jinglei and Lian Yi on how to handle this matter properly.

Zhou Yi reached out and unabashedly held Yuan Lixun's small hand, and suddenly said, "Medicine Daoist , I heard that Ling Yao Peak has preserved some Energy-Boosting Golden Pill, and Limit-Breaking Golden Pillsfrom previous generations?"

Medicine Daoist instinctively nodded. These two types of pills were truly priceless treasures among the prominent families in the northwest countries. However, deep in the secluded mountains, far away from the bustling world, few people would actually consume these pills.