Chapter 139

With a dazzling brilliance akin to the scorching sun, the massive guandao descended in a swift motion. The surging blade light instantly spread out, enveloping the four formidable experts, each with ten layers of internal energy.

In the midst of their entangled battle, a peculiar sensation suddenly arose among the four individuals. The great blade in Zhou Yi's hand, illuminated by the sunlight, emitted a dazzling radiance. However, this intense glow bestowed upon them a sense of serene tranquility, as if a gentle breeze brushed against their faces.

The power and ferocity of this strike seemed far less formidable than anticipated. In their perception, this single strike transformed into an expanse of clouds—a layer upon layer of billowing clouds, interweaving, embracing, and converging into a sea of clouds nestled amidst towering mountains.

Cloud and Rain Soaring Technique, an innate cultivation method developed by Zhou Yi through observing the clouds and mist swirling around mountaintops and drawing inspiration from the enigmatic and elusive movement of clouds exhibited by the Xiao brothers.

Initially, when he first grasped this technique, it merely manifested as a set of lightness skill. However, after this arduous journey, when confronted with the formidable death squad of two hundred unwavering warriors, possessing a mighty and resolute aura, he unexpectedly experienced a sensation reminiscent of standing atop a mountain peak.

In that moment, it was as if he had once again entered a state of enlightenment, rediscovering the omnipresent mountain rain and boundless sea of clouds. It was under these circumstances that he finally succeeded in incorporating this feeling into his own blade technique. The execution of the terrifying guandao resembled clouds, mist, and rain. After sweeping through the formidable combination of the two hundred individuals, it once again surged towards the two pinnacle experts with ten layers of internal energy.

In the initial plan, the two elderly men sought to entangle Guan Qing and Guo Shaofeng. However, with Zhou Yi's appearance, the situation underwent a complete reversal. The two bandits now exerted every ounce of their strength to counter-entangle the two elderly men. Their moves became desperate, disregarding their own safety, as they firmly ensnared the old men within their grasp.

Having witnessed the might of Zhou Yi's blade, they no longer dared to face him directly. Even if it meant staying by the side of their fellow experts, they would not dare to experience the taste of being dismembered or beheaded by a chaotic blade.

However, as Zhou Yi executed that strike, the four individuals engaged in combat suddenly froze simultaneously. They realized that their opponents had disappeared, not only their opponents but even their comrades-in-arms fighting side by side with them were missing.

Around them, there was nothing but patches of clouds and mist, forming a labyrinth that seemed impossible to escape from, completely bewildering them. Zhou Wude and Xu Yinjie suddenly felt a subtle force gently touching their bodies, and they involuntarily took three steps backward. In just those brief three steps, their vision returned to normal.

Flashes of blade light shimmered before their eyes, and the sensation of clouds and mist from before seemed like a fleeting dream, instantly vanishing, leaving behind only a peculiar feeling etched in their memories, seemingly indelible.

All of a sudden, the blade light before them completely disappeared, and Zhou Yi stood with his feet apart, brandishing his blade horizontally. Several steps away from him, Guan Qing and Guo Shaofeng, the two prominent leaders of the Red Scarf bandits who organized the assault on Taicang County, stumbled and swayed, as if intoxicated, before finally collapsing to the ground, unable to hold themselves up any longer.

Their gazes did not harbor deep-seated hatred or resentment, but were filled with confusion and disbelief. It seemed they had never anticipated meeting their end in such a manner.