Chapter 160

Once back at Shao Ming Ju Residence, Zhou Yi didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. Although the third young master of the Zi family had been assassinated in the city, such an event wouldn't be enough to disturb the tranquil seclusion of Grandmaster Shui Xuanjin. Therefore, the residents of Shao Ming Ju Residence remained oblivious to the incident. Even if they were aware, given the status of Shao Ming Ju Residence, no one would pay it any mind, let alone associate Zhou Yi with the matter.

Zhou Yi's figure floated effortlessly as he entered Yuan Lixun's room. He saw her holding a piece of embroidered handkerchief, gazing at it with a dreamy expression. Her face would flush at times, and her delicate eyebrows would occasionally furrow, as if burdened with unspoken thoughts.

Gently shaking his head, he thought to himself, "Girls indeed tend to be sentimental creatures."

A soft cough brought Yuan Lixun back to her senses. She hastily stood up, tucking the handkerchief into her bosom.

Curiously, Zhou Yi asked, "What were you doing?"

Yuan Lixun's face displayed a hint of embarrassment as she replied in a voice barely audible, "I was looking at the memento left by my mother."

Zhou Yi instantly felt a surge of respect for her. If she considered her mother's belongings important, then her elders would naturally be his elders as well. However, he couldn't fathom why she would blush while looking at her mother's belongings. Shaking his head slightly, he realized that girls' thoughts were too mysterious for him to comprehend.

"Young Master, have you seen it?" As Yuan Lixun noticed that Zhou Yi didn't pursue the topic further, she secretly breathed a sigh of relief and quickly changed the subject.

After pondering for a moment, Zhou Yi replied, "Lixun, you must have seen it wrong. That person simply doesn't exist."

Yuan Lixun paused, about to explain herself, but stopped abruptly when she noticed Zhou Yi winking at her, wearing a peculiar smile on his face.

She hesitated for a moment, then seemed to understand and said, "I understand. Indeed, there is no such person. It was just my eyes playing tricks on me."

When Yuan Lixun first arrived at the Zhou family, she initially referred to herself as a concubine. However, as she spent more time with Zhou Yi, she couldn't remember when it started, but they began addressing each other as equals.

This change wasn't deliberately corrected by anyone; it simply evolved naturally, like water flowing into a canal.

Zhou Yi chuckled softly and said, "Lixun, you must have cultivated up to the fifth level of the water-based technique."

Yuan Lixun's face blushed slightly, and she nodded gently.

To reach the fifth level of the water-based technique at the age of sixteen was considered quite ordinary among the children of prominent families.

After contemplating for a moment, Zhou Yi said, "Lixun, I will ask Shui Brother for a few servants to assist us."

Yuan Lixun's expression immediately changed, the color draining from her face. She lightly bit her lip, lowered her head, and whispered, "Yes, Young Master, I... I will obey."

Zhou Yi hastily waved his hand and said, "Lixun, that's not what I meant." Countless thoughts swirled in his mind as he hurriedly continued, "What I meant was, when I cultivate, it would be best if you are by my side. That way, the progress of your inner energy cultivation should also accelerate. As for those menial tasks and attending to others, let the actual servants handle them. I hope your inner energy can break through to the sixth level or even higher as soon as possible."