Chapter 177

A gentle breeze swept by, lightly brushing against the two figures. However, at that very moment, the breeze seemed to freeze suddenly, vanishing into thin air.

As Yu Jinglei spoke those words, Zhou Yi hesitated for a moment before instantly releasing his true qi. Faced with the enigmatic elder before him, he felt an urge to test his own abilities.

In the pursuit of martial arts cultivation, one must continuously challenge stronger opponents to make progress. Even if Yu Jinglei had not mentioned it, Zhou Yi would have sought an opportunity to seek guidance from this person. Now that he had spoken, Zhou Yi couldn't have asked for more.

With the continuous gathering of his true qi, Zhou Yi's body began to tremble ever so slightly. Each subtle tremor seemed to exert a mysterious influence on the surrounding environment. The power of the water-based Ripple Technique gradually spread, even affecting the area around Yu Jinglei.

In the eyes of this supreme elder from the Hengshan lineage, although Zhou Yi remained standing in his original spot, he had transformed into an ethereal shadow. As for himself, he had turned into a mass of clouds and mist, becoming elusive and intangible.

A flicker of surprise once again crossed Yu Jinglei's eyes. After witnessing Zhou Yi's display of the wind, rain, and mist, he finally confirmed one thing: Zhou Yi indeed possessed outstanding strength that could rival any of the three elders in their sect.

Considering his age and reaching such a level of cultivation, with the full support of the sect, what realm would he ultimately reach? The thought ignited an even greater fervor in Yu Jinglei's eyes.

Suddenly, his vision blurred, and Zhou Yi vanished from sight. Soon after, his surroundings were enveloped in a pervasive cloud of mist.

Yu Jinglei calmly extended his hand and casually tapped in a certain direction. It seemed like a casual gesture, as if no force was exerted at all. However, as he made that gentle tap, the mist before him instantly dissipated, just like the rising sun that dispels all clouds from the horizon.

Zhou Yi's ethereal figure emerged from within the dissipating mist, and as he appeared, the mist vanished as well. Excitement and an intense eagerness gleamed in his eyes.

Though he had once defeated Cheng Fu using the technique of wind, rain, and mist, Zhou Yi knew that the power of the old man before him surpassed Cheng Fu by far. However, the extent of his opponent's strength still exceeded his imagination. To be able to discern his position from within a natural cloud and mist formation with just a casual palm strike that seemed effortless, and to effortlessly send him flying, rendering his subsequent transformations useless—Zhou Yi realized that the power possessed by this old man far surpassed any innate experts he had encountered before.

Compared to this person, whether it was Cheng Fu, Shui Xuanjin, or Medicine Daoist , they all appeared so weak. At least, in terms of power, it was like the difference between an adult and a child. No matter how much force a child exerted, they could not inflict any harm on an adult.

However, Zhou Yi's heart was not alarmed but delighted. In the pursuit of martial arts cultivation, only such a formidable opponent could continuously push him to break through and reach the pinnacle of martial arts.

With lightning speed, Zhou Yi retreated and stomped heavily as his feet made contact with the ground, causing the entire medicinal garden to tremble momentarily. Although those tending to the herbs in the garden were unaware of what was transpiring, they were simultaneously startled, as if sensing something, and looked in the direction of the commotion. After all, those who took care of the herbs in the garden were elite members of the Ling Yao Peak, and even though they did not include innate experts, they had encountered so-called innate masters on numerous occasions and had a vague sense of awareness.