Chapter 100

"Hoo..."

Within the furnace, the flames blazed fiercely, causing the temperature in the room to rise. However, Xie Zhien and the two medicine apprentices seemed accustomed to it, showing no signs of discomfort. On the other hand, Xie Mingjin was drenched in sweat, having already consumed two large pitchers of water, yet to no avail.

In contrast, Zhou Yi carefully observed the every move of the Daoist and the apprentices, as if he wanted to record their actions in his mind. In truth, Zhou Yi was quite excited at this moment because Xie Zhien had previously told him that to become an outstanding alchemist, one needed exceptional talent. This talent not only referred to the understanding of medicinal properties but also the possession of both Fire and Wood internal energy.

Of course, if one possessed three types of internal energy, they would be considered a rare talent even among alchemists and be hailed as a prodigy of the Dao of Elixirs.

Whether in the Da Shen Kingdom or the Western Northern Countries, those renowned innate alchemists were all powerful individuals with at least dual attributes of Fire and Wood. Some of the most illustrious figures even possessed triple attributes. Their success rate in alchemy far surpassed their counterparts.

Naturally, this introduction greatly intrigued Zhou Yi.

Suddenly, Xie Mingjin whispered beside Zhou Yi, "Brother Zhou, do you understand what you're seeing?"

Zhou Yi shook his head in confusion and honestly replied, "I don't understand."

Xie Mingjin was greatly surprised and said, "Didn't I provide you with several books that detailed the procedures? Haven't you read them?"

Zhou Yi whispered, "I have read them, but I don't understand."

Indeed, the path of alchemy was a unique discipline. Zhou Yi recognized all the individual characters on the pages, but when they came together to form words, phrases, and sentences, it became like an incomprehensible tale from a distant land.

After transcribing the text, Zhou Yi had read and reread it numerous times but still couldn't grasp any meaning from it. He had no choice but to give up.

Xie Mingjin was taken aback but then smiled and said, "I understand. Bring out what you've transcribed, and I'll teach you."

Zhou Yi was overjoyed and quickly handed over the transcribed materials. When he transcribed the text, he intentionally separated the process of alchemy from the medicinal formula, so what he had in his hands was only a few pages.

Xie Mingjin, born into the Xie family, had been exposed to these things since childhood. Although he was far from matching the skills of zhien Uncle, he had a solid understanding of the foundational knowledge. After receiving on-site instruction from Xie Mingjin, Zhou Yi had a sudden realization. It turned out that these characters, when combined, contained such a complex body of knowledge.

As they whispered and exchanged knowledge on the side, the old Daoist and the two medicine apprentices seemed oblivious, treating them as if they were invisible, just like air.

After a full seven days, a rich fragrance suddenly filled the alchemy room. At this moment, Zhou Yi was no longer completely ignorant of the art of alchemy. He immediately understood that the Golden Pill was about to be completed.

Xie Zhien's movements were as quick as lightning. It was unclear how many times he had practiced alchemy in his lifetime, but he had reached a level of familiarity where he could sense the state of the cauldron purely by intuition.

When he finally opened the furnace, his expression was solemn, as if what he was lifting was not the lid of the cauldron, but the entire world itself. Zhou Yi couldn't help but admire him, realizing that this expression could only come from pouring all of one's spirit into a single endeavor.