Chapter 142

After a month, tranquility finally settled upon the entire Taicang County, and the statistics of the various losses shocked everyone.

This time, the bandits targeted the three major influential families in Taicang, with the Cheng family suffering the most devastating blow. Especially within the county, it was almost entirely the foundation of the Cheng family. Thirty percent of the businesses belonged to the Cheng family, indicating the immense scale of their assets.

With the marauders breaching the city, all the businesses fell victim to looting. Even those not plundered by the bandits were pillaged by the lawless commoners within the city.

Fortunately, the Cheng family is wealthy and has a profound heritage. They have accumulated vast resources over many years, and the prospect of rebuilding their home with the help of their daughter, residing in Linlang County, is within reach.

As for the Xu family, although their situation wasn't as dire, half of their city wall was destroyed, and they suffered hundreds of casualties among their guards and retainers. They too were not faring well.

In comparison, the losses suffered by the Zhou family were minimal, almost negligible. This was the advantage of being a small family that had not yet branched out. When faced with the danger of a collapsing nest, self-preservation was much simpler and easier than for those large families.

Moreover, they received support of tens of thousands of gold, propelling the Zhou family onto a path of rapid development.

Simultaneously, news of a congenital expert appearing in the Zhou family had spread throughout Taicang County at an astonishing speed, swiftly reaching the entire Linlang County.

If Zhou Yi were merely an expert at the acquired level, or if he hadn't displayed such astonishing power when facing numerous bandits, his fame wouldn't have spread so rapidly. However, when these two factors combined, no one could contain the rumors anymore.

On this day, dozens of fast horses arrived in front of the Zhou family's village.

After a moment, Zhou Quanyi himself came out to greet them.

Among these knights, the leader was surprisingly Lin Tao Li, a member of the Linlang Lin family.

This young prodigy of the Lin family possessed an awe-inspiring presence that was difficult for ordinary people to imagine. He was also a postnatal expert at the ninth level of internal energy. Anyone standing beside him would subconsciously feel a heavy pressure.

However, this time, Zhou Quanyi did not sense any pressure from him. Instead, Lin Tao Li became courteous and addressed him as "Uncle ," constantly positioning himself as a junior. This was treatment that Zhou Quanyi could never have expected during their previous meeting.

As Zhou Quanyi led him into the inner hall, he couldn't help but feel moved. He knew that this change was entirely due to Yi's influence. It seemed that Yi's display of power that day had spread to Linlang County. Otherwise, it would be impossible for this young man to arrive here in such a short time.

After they were seated, Zhou Quanyi smiled and asked, " Lin, may I inquire about the purpose of your visit from afar?"

Lin Tao Li smiled faintly and glanced around the hall before saying, "Uncle , I have come this time specifically to pay my respects to Master(Shi Fu) Zhou."

To be addressed as "Master(Shi Fu)" indicated that the person was an expert at the Innate Realm. Although Zhou Yi was more than ten years younger than Lin Tao Li, compared to his martial achievements, Lin Tao Li willingly called him "Master."

Zhou Quanyi hesitated for a moment and said, "Lin, I can inform Yi, but whether he wishes to meet or not is beyond my control."

Lin Tao Li nodded slightly. If anyone else were to speak those words, it might be seen as arrogance. But when facing a meeting with an expert at the Innate Realm, no one would have such a feeling.