Chapter 134

The sparrows darted past, their fleeting presence, as the ever-changing white clouds gracefully drifted across the cerulean sky, casting a verdant shadow upon the emerald plains below, painting the earth in hues of darkened green and shimmering jade.

It had been several days since their departure from the Yuan estate. When they arrived, it was the season of the Lunar New Year, and with utmost haste, the men rode their horses, galloping through the countryside. By the time they reached the Yuan household, seven of the eight horses were spent, their energy depleted.

Now, it was already the third month of spring, two whole months had passed since their arrival at the Yuan family's estate. As they prepared to depart, they were no longer a mere group of four people and eight horses.

The five wagon loads of gold, generously gifted by the Yuan family, were meticulously stacked on each carriage. Each vehicle carried a ton of weight, camouflaging a few scattered items to deceive onlookers.

In addition, the Yuan family dispatched over a hundred guards and escorts, blending in with the household servants and travelers. Of course, both the Zhou family and themselves knew the true purpose. This so-called escort was nothing more than a facade, their role merely to accompany and occasionally assist along the way.

If they were to encounter any audacious horse bandits on their journey, it would be an understatement to claim that even the skilled Zhou Yi, a master of the innate realm, or the father-son duo Zhou Quanxin, would easily vanquish them.

After all, there lay a grand official road from here into the Tianluo Kingdom, leading all the way to Taicang County. Even the invincible horse thieves within the boundaries of Tai'a County dare not casually dispatch large troops to this area. Doing so would only force the authorities of Tianluo Kingdom to take severe measures against them.

So long as the bandits did not arrive with a formidable army, these individuals would dismiss the petty thieves with disdain, for they were but inconsequential in their eyes.

The convoy consisted of ten large carriages. Apart from the five carriages carrying the gold, three carriages were filled with numerous chests, serving as dowry preparations for the two Yuan sisters. As for the last two carriages, they were specifically prepared for the two young Yuan ladies.

However, due to their shared loneliness and empathy for each other's plight, the two young ladies chose not to travel separately. Instead, they squeezed onto the same carriage, seeking solace in each other's company.

Within this convoy, Zhou Quanxin rode at the forefront, his face revealing a hint of subtle displeasure. Although he wasn't scowling, his unhappiness was evident. Zhou Yitian, despite his joy and excitement, refrained from expressing even a hint of it in front of his stern father. He didn't dare exchange any banter with the young lady inside the carriage. Feeling quite oppressed, he naturally wore a sullen expression.

To his surprise, this display actually alleviated Zhou Quanxin's suspicions. He no longer doubted his son's involvement.

The sun gradually veered towards the west, and the leading Yuan Lixuan glanced at the sky before turning back on his horse. He suggested, "Uncle Quanxin, it's getting late. There's a small town up ahead. Shall we rest there for the night?"

Although Yuan Lixuan was not Yuan Chengzhi's biological son, his gracious reception of the Zhou brothers had earned their favor.

Thus, he had risen in status within the Yuan family, becoming the lead figure responsible for escorting the convoy. He had meticulously organized all the arrangements, sparing the Zhou brothers any worry.

This newfound camaraderie, coupled with his astute demeanor, guaranteed a promising future for Yuan Lixuan. Once they returned, his prospects would undoubtedly be bright.