Chapter 28

Within the Zhou family compound, Zhou Wude entered the main hall without uttering a word, followed closely by the second generation of the Zhou family and Zhou Yitian and Zhou Yi.

Everyone remained silent, while Zhou Yi's heart was filled with unease. He silently criticized himself, "I've already followed your instructions. Why aren't you satisfied? Do I have to unleash the eighth level of inner power and knock my eldest brother unconscious to satisfy you?"

Lost in his thoughts, Zhou Wude had already taken his seat in the main position and asked, "Yi, have you broken through to the seventh level of inner power after reaching the sixth level?"

Zhou Yi was momentarily stunned, thinking to himself, "Didn't you ask me to show my true skill? Why are you inquiring now?" A thought suddenly flashed through his mind. Could it be that the old man hasn't realized the depth of my cultivation?

All eyes instantly focused on him. Zhou Yi awkwardly smiled and said, "Grandfather, I have indeed reached the seventh level of inner power."

Zhou Wude's eyes lit up, and he abruptly stood up from his seat, taking big strides toward Yi and extending his palm.

After a moment's hesitation, Zhou Yi reached out and touched his palm, surging his mixed elemental energy to deliver a seventh-level impact.

The clash of their inner power was swift and intense, and a satisfied smile appeared on Zhou Wude's face. The lingering doubt in the minds of the others finally dissipated.

Zhou Quanxin exclaimed, "Father, how did you discern Yi's breakthrough?"

The others nodded in agreement. If the patriarch hadn't seen through it beforehand, how could he have mentioned allowing Yi to make a desperate attempt?

Zhou Wude's old face slightly reddened. He hadn't actually predicted Yi's inner power attainment in advance. The reason he had shouted like that was simply to witness the true power of the martial technique described in the ancient manual.

However, he never expected that while Yi didn't unleash the devastating Thirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing, he had provided him with an even greater surprise.

To possess the seventh level of inner power at the age of merely fourteen, within a small prestigious family like theirs, was truly a rare occurrence. A thought that was almost unimaginable flashed through his mind—could it be that the heavens had taken pity on him, granting him the opportunity to reclaim his family's glory in this lifetime?

He let out a deep sigh, suddenly feeling the burning gaze of his children and grandchildren. He cleared his throat and calmly said, "How did I discern it? Of course, it was through my experience. You youngsters must always be attentive and deeply contemplate everything. Only then can you possess keen insight like lightning."

Zhou Quanxin and the others respectfully received the lesson, deeply acknowledging the patriarch's teachings. Only Zhou Yi remained extremely doubtful. If the patriarch truly saw through it, then why didn't he know that his inner power had already reached the eighth level?

However, even if he had twice the courage, he wouldn't dare ask about it directly.

Zhou Quanyi suddenly asked, "Yi, when did you have the breakthrough?"

All eyes immediately shifted to Zhou Yi. The realization that Zhou Yi had progressed from the sixth level of inner power to the current seventh level in less than a year was truly astonishing. At least until today, they had never considered that someone could achieve such a feat.

Although Zhou Wude maintained a calm exterior, his ears had perked up long ago, not wanting to miss a single word. He was also curious about his grandson's cultivation speed.