Chapter 156

Zhou Yi didn't stay long in the estate. After informing his uncle of the news, he departed gracefully. The news of his appearance spread throughout the entire estate like a gust of wind, and the crowds waiting outside the gates were eager to catch a glimpse of this young master.

Although only a few days had passed since his battle with Cheng Fu, the entire Tianluo Kingdom was already well aware of it. Whether acquainted or not, the people of Tianluo Kingdom felt excitement and joy at Zhou Yi's victory over the innate master from the Kai Rong Kingdom.

The people outside the gates were no exception. However, despite their excitement, none of them dared to enter recklessly. It was only when Zhou Yi finally emerged after a long wait that they realized he had quietly left.

No one discovered how he had departed, but aside from their regret, these people had no reason to suspect anything. If even an innate powerhouse could be discovered by them, that would be truly strange.

However, since Zhou Yi's visit, the area outside the estate had become bustling, devoid of any moments of tranquility. Zhou Quanxin and his son, Zhou Quanxin, lived in a mix of pain and joy. While they were delighted that the reputation of Zhou Family Manor had spread throughout Tianluo City, they were also overwhelmed by the various attentions that clashed with their cultivation practices.

※※※※

As if transformed into a gust of wind, Zhou Yi had returned to Shao Ming Ju Residence. As soon as he entered his courtyard, he saw Yuan Lixun sitting on a wide chair in the courtyard. She supported her chin, quietly gazing at the pavilions in the yard. There seemed to be an indescribable sense of desolation emanating from her entire being.

Zhou Yi was slightly taken aback and hesitated for a moment. Unexplainably, he had this feeling that Yuan Lixun was homesick...

He tilted his head and pondered for a moment, then suddenly smiled. With a swift movement, he was already by Yuan Lixun's side. He coughed softly, causing Yuan Lixun's body to tremble as if startled, much like a frightened little rabbit. But once she saw that it was Zhou Yi standing beside her, the panic and wariness in her eyes instantly faded away, replaced by a hint of girlish shyness.

"Young Master, you're back," she said softly.

Zhou Yi nodded firmly and said, "Come, let's go out."

"Go out?" Yuan Lixun asked, puzzled. "Where are we going?"

"We've been here for a while now, but we haven't gone out to explore yet. Today, let's go and see the bustling streets of this city," Zhou Yi chuckled and said, "What do you say? Are you unwilling?"

Yuan Lixun excitedly nodded, then suddenly paused and shook her head. It seemed that something wasn't quite right, and a blush bloomed on her face, resembling a rosy apple, tempting one to take a bite.

Seeing her excited expression, Zhou Yi's heart inexplicably lightened.

Side by side, they left Shao Ming Ju Residence. Along the way, even though there were servants who noticed them, they immediately bowed respectfully, not daring to obstruct them in the slightest.

※※※※

On the spacious streets, there were many towering taverns.

While not every tavern was packed with guests, even from the outside, one could see that at least sixty percent of the seats were occupied. Zhou Yi and Yuan Lixun strolled along the streets, savoring this rare leisurely time.

As Zhou Yi felt the lingering gazes of the woman beside him, captivated by the various shops, he couldn't help but feel a tinge of sentiment. Since he began his cultivation, the days he could spend on the streets had been few and far between. Especially in the past two years, apart from the time he accompanied his mother and siblings for a stroll in Taicang County, he had never truly relaxed like this.