Chapter 171

Clouds swirled around the dome, and numerous peculiar rocks and stones hung upside down. A significant portion of these rocks was unexpectedly transparent, adorned with various colors. Under the sunlight, they displayed a vibrant spectrum, turning the cavern into a mythical palace.

Zhou Yi gazed in awe at this magical cavern, his heart filled with emotions. When he expressed his desire to learn the art of alchemy, the Medicine Daoist readily agreed without hesitation. Observing the Medicine Daoist 's expression, Zhou Yi even caught a glimpse of unconcealed delight. It seemed that the Medicine Daoist was eager for such a request.

Soon after, the Medicine Daoist led them into the sealed yet uninhabited cavern. Everything within the cavern widened Zhou Yi's horizons. Particularly in the grand hall, countless skylights of various sizes allowed sunlight to pour down, illuminating the magical rocks, creating a dreamlike atmosphere.

Zhou Wude sighed deeply and said, "Over forty years have passed, and I never thought I would have the chance to enter here again."

Zhou Laibao also nodded heavily. Although he remained silent, his eyes conveyed an equally nostalgic sentiment.

Finally, Zhou Yi's gaze moved away from the colorful radiance above his head. He looked towards the other parts of the cave. Surprisingly, there were five or six additional openings leading to deeper areas.

His expression subtly changed. This cavern had such a magnificent scale that one couldn't fathom the amount of manpower and resources required to construct it.

The Medicine Daoist stood beside Zhou Yi with a smiling expression and asked, "Elder Zhou, what do you think of my cavern?"

Zhou Yi sincerely replied, "It's remarkable."

These three simple words conveyed his astonishment and admiration. The Medicine Daoist 's face revealed a hint of satisfaction, as if his long-held worries had been put to rest.

Suddenly, Zhou Yi asked, "Medicine Daoist , how did you construct such a massive cavern?"

He asked this question with a sense of confusion. If this cavern was entirely built by human effort, it would be almost unbelievable. Even with his powerful Great Guan Dao, capable of creating a cavern of similar size, he couldn't fathom the origin of the peculiar rocks overhead.

Moreover, the cavern was so immense that it seemed as if the entire mountain's belly had been hollowed out. Yet, it exuded an unparalleled sense of solidity.

These extraordinary aspects combined left even Zhou Yi, a formidable innate master, feeling deeply perplexed.

The smile on the Medicine Daoist 's face froze for a moment, followed by a bitter smile. He said, "Elder Zhou, you're jesting. Such a cavern is beyond my ability to construct."

Zhou Yi was taken aback and asked, "Could it be the work of the previous generations of the Hengshan Sect?"

After a moment of hesitation, the Medicine Daoist reluctantly replied, "Indeed, this cavern was discovered by the founding ancestor of the Hengshan Sect."

Zhou Yi's eyes widened in astonishment and he exclaimed, "Discovered?"

"Yes," the Medicine Daoist confirmed with a serious expression. "The founding ancestor of the Hengshan Sect discovered several magnificent caverns within these mountains, which led to the establishment of our sect."

Zhou Yi's eyes filled with astonishment as he scanned the surroundings once again. He asked, "Are these caverns all naturally formed?"

The Medicine Daoist shook his head slightly and replied, "I don't know for certain. These caverns could be naturally formed, but they could also have been excavated by a powerful predecessor."