Chapter 9

After finishing their late dinner, the sky had completely darkened. Zhou Yi followed his uncle alone to the courtyard of the book repository. Although Zhou Yixuan and a few other brothers wanted to wish him luck, they scattered like frightened birds when met with Zhou Quanyi's stern gaze.

Uncle QuanYi was responsible for all the affairs of the estate, managing both inside and outside of the manor with great efficiency. In the eyes of the third generation, he was an intimidating figure, even more so than their grandfather and uncle. Perhaps only Zhou Yitian, as the eldest grandson, could earn his respect and admiration.

The courtyard of the book repository was the largest in the Zhou family manor. It was not only guarded by Uncle Quan, but also by another special servant of the manor. This servant held a high position and was beyond the control of any third-generation disciple. However, he had his own pride, as his internal energy cultivation had reached the eighth level, not inferior to Zhou Quanming and Zhou Quanyi.

Zhou Quanxin led Yi into the courtyard and went straight to the main hall. This main hall was different from the others—it served as the largest library.

Once inside, Zhou Quanxin said, "Yi, please have a seat."

Yi glanced around the room and found a chair to sit on, but his gaze was already captivated by the bookshelves.

"Yi, first of all, I want to congratulate you. Breaking through to the sixth level before the age of fifteen is an achievement that only four people in our family, including your grandfather, have accomplished," Zhou Quanxin said solemnly.

Yi's gaze shifted from the dazzling array of bookshelves and turned to his uncle in astonishment.

Zhou Quanxin was pleased with his reaction and continued, "Although all the younger generation of the Zhou family can cultivate internal energy from the age of five, I can assure you that the difference among you is not significant at the moment. However, in twenty years' time, the gap will become more apparent. By the age of fifty, it is possible for you to reach the highest realm of the tenth level, while your other brothers will most likely reach a maximum of the eighth level in their lifetime."

Zhou Yi pondered for a moment and tentatively asked, "Uncle, is this related to both Big Brother and me breaking through to the sixth level before the age of fifteen?"

"You're right. Although the constitution of each cultivator is different, the period before the age of fifteen is the best time to lay the foundation. And among us cultivators, there is a peculiar phenomenon. Once someone fails to break through to the sixth level before the age of fifteen, it becomes extremely difficult for them to surpass the eighth level, no matter how hard they strive," Zhou Quanxin sighed lightly and continued, "Although your second and third brothers are equally dedicated to their cultivation as you and Big Brother, they only reached the sixth level at the age of seventeen or eighteen. Their achievements in this lifetime will be at most on par with the second and third brothers, and it is basically impossible for them to advance to the tenth level."

Zhou Yi's heart sank. No wonder the way his second and third brothers looked at him earlier in the main hall was rather strange. It seemed like they must be aware of this matter.

Zhou Quanxin waved his hand and said, "Yi, I'm telling you this, but remember to keep it a secret. Don't let Yizhang and the others know."

Zhou Yi was momentarily stunned but immediately nodded. He understood his uncle's meaning. Unless they break through to the sixth level themselves, they won't know about this.

"Furthermore, although you have advanced to the sixth level, you must not relax your own standards. The obstacles you encounter with each promotion will become increasingly challenging. If you ever become complacent, you will be overshadowed by others," Zhou Quanxin's gaze suddenly turned sharp and he said, "Remember, Yitian is the person you need to strive to surpass in the future. You're thirteen this year, so aim to break through to the seventh level within the next seven years. If you can't achieve that, don't even think about leaving the manor."