Chapter 35

A day later, everyone had entered the county town, and Zhou Quanming and his wife, who were managing the family business in the town, came out to greet them. Alongside Zhou Quanming, there were four others who came with him, including Yi and others, as well as Zhou Yilong.

Zhou Yi Xuan, Zhou Yi, and Zhou Yilong were all Zhou Quanming's biological children. When they saw each other, there was a sense of emotion. They settled down in a house purchased by the Zhou family in the city. Zhou Quanxin immediately cut to the chase and inquired about the grand birthday celebration of the Cheng family patriarch.

After Zhou Quanming answered a few questions, Lin Wenyu stood up and took Zhou Yi and the other siblings to leave the hall, heading towards the inner chambers. Watching Lin Wenyu and her children depart, Zhou Quanming let out a long sigh and said, "Brother, she have endured a lot."

Zhou Quanming hesitated for a moment, shook his head slightly, and said, "It's only right."

In order to manage the Zhou family's business, Zhou Quanming and his wife had to stay away from Zhou's ancestral village. According to the village's rules, once the Zhou family descendants reached the age of five, they had to leave their parents and live on their own. If they were still in the ancestral village, they could at least see each other every day, but in the county town, they could only meet a few times a year.

This time, the old master granted them the favor of allowing Zhou Yilong to accompany everyone into the city, undoubtedly giving them the opportunity to reunite as a family during Cheng's birthday celebration.

Under these circumstances, Zhou Quanxin and his brothers naturally turned a blind eye and let them go.

The Lin family was also a lineage known for martial arts, but with a small population. By Lin Wenyu's generation, the family's legacy had been cut off. After marrying Zhou Quanming, Lin Wenyu and her husband worked together, and their efforts played a significant role in the Zhou family's establishment in the county town.

Although Lin Wenyu's internal energy cultivation was not as advanced as her husband's, she was still a peak level seven practitioner. If it weren't for giving birth to three children, she might have been on par with Zhou Quanming.

However, after seeing her long-lost three children, Lin Wenyu no longer maintained her usual composure. Although her children were growing up, in her eyes, they were still the same as when they were young.

"Mom, this time in the county town, YIling asked me to bring back some cosmetics and jewelry. Would you like to come with me to buy them?" Zhou Yilong gently shook his mother's hand as he spoke.

Although they didn't live together, their relationship as mother and daughter was much better than those who lived together year-round. While the rules set by Old Master Zhou were rigid and lacked compassion, they were not without reason.

Lin Wenyu lightly brushed Zhou Yilong's hair and without hesitation said, "Alright, let's go out together." Then she looked at her two sons and said, "Since you rarely come to the county town, come along with us and explore."

Zhou Yi and the other son naturally had no objections. While the county town of Taicang might not be prominent in the entire Linlang County, in their eyes, it was a bustling place of top-notch importance. For the young-hearted Zhou brothers, it had long been a place they yearned to visit.

After a casual order, the four of them entered the busiest streets of the county town. Lin Wenyu had lived in the county town for decades and was familiar with every street. Knowing that her children rarely visited, she had already planned out a route to ensure they had a great time.

The bustle of the county town truly opened Zhou Yi's eyes. Zhou YI Xuan had been here several times before and was still relatively composed. However, it was the first time for Zhou Yi and Zhou Yilong, and they were looking left and right along the way, amazed by everything they saw.