Chapter 90

In the world, there exist spirit beasts, living for five hundred years. To kill them and extract their inner core, open the furnace and refine the Golden Pill. Consume the Golden Pill to break through the limits and comprehend the path of Innate Qi.

In just seven short sentences, the method to break through the barrier of the tenth level of internal energy and ascend to the realm of Innate was clearly written. However, even if one knew this method, it seemed no different from not knowing it, and it only added unnecessary thoughts and concerns.

A spirit beast that lives for five hundred years requires a lifespan of five hundred years. Although spirit beasts are not human, they possess intelligence that is not inferior to humans. The Golden Crown Python that the Zhou family's elites killed was merely a spirit beast that had lived for a little over a hundred years.

Yet, even a hundred-year-old spirit beast possessed such formidable power. If it had survived until five hundred years...

Zhou Yi couldn't imagine what kind of powerful force would be needed to slay such a spirit beast. If the Golden Crown Python had lived to be five hundred years old...

Zhou Wude didn't pay attention to the change in his expression. Honestly, when he first advanced to the tenth level of internal energy, he had similar thoughts. But as he grew older and personally hunted a spirit beast, he dispelled those thoughts.

A five hundred-year-old spirit beast was not only impossible for him to find, but even if he miraculously found one, it would be impossible for him to kill it. With that realization, he completely abandoned such thoughts.

Moreover, considering his advanced age, even if he were to consume a golden pill made from the inner core of a five-hundred-year spirit beast, it wouldn't guarantee a smooth breakthrough. As a cultivator in his eighties, the possibility of exploding and dying after taking the golden pill was even higher than the possibility of successfully advancing. The reason he entrusted this item to Yi was to reignite the fighting spirit of his talented grandson and push him further on the path of martial arts cultivation.

After tidying up, Zhou Wude nodded slightly and turned to leave. As the doors of the secret chamber closed, the light dimmed abruptly, leaving only the sound of slowly burning wax on the torches that adorned the two remaining walls.

Zhou Yi's mind raced as he quickly calculated. Although he had never witnessed the power of a five-hundred-year spirit beast, he believed it wouldn't be lacking in potency. However, Zhou Yi himself had undergone earth-shattering changes since last year. Especially after learning two profound combat techniques, his confidence had soared. With his current abilities, if he utilized the Hidden Needle Seal for a sneak attack and followed it up with the powerful Thirty-Six Styles , there might be a chance for success.

The thought ignited a blazing fire within him, and his heart burned with fervor. If that senior could achieve it, why couldn't he? His confidence grew stronger, and all his previous worries faded away. Once again, a powerful and convincing aura emanated from him.

Carefully flipping through the tattered page in his hand, his longing for the innate realm grew even stronger. The only ones capable of restraining those at the innate realm were other innate realm experts.

These individuals can harness the Qi of heaven and earth, their physical strength unmatched by those at the acquired realm. One utilizes internal energy, while the other cultivates True Qi refined from the Qi of heaven and earth, possessing far greater power. Moreover, the Qi of heaven and earth holds endless mysteries. By utilizing certain tools and peculiar techniques, one can push these mysteries to their limits. It can be said that as long as a family has an innate expert presiding over it, there are hardly any who dare to provoke them.