Chapter 23

In the winter of Taicang County, the air was crisp and sweet. Early in the morning, the roar of the third generation disciples' morning exercises echoed once again on the playground of Zhou Family Village.

In a corner of the village, within a row of courtyards where the third generation disciples resided, a door quietly swung open. A figure swiftly passed like a ghost and silently stood in the center of the courtyard.

Zhou Yi raised his head and looked at the sky. He let out a long breath, forming a white mist in the morning air. It had been five months since he last killed Hu Bin. During these five months, Zhou Yi hadn't left his house, secluding himself in his room for the entire duration.

Of course, his cultivation hadn't reached the level where he didn't need to eat the five grains; it was just that all his meals, drinks, and even bodily functions were taken care of within the room. There would naturally be servants to clean up after him.

This was one of the greatest benefits of being a scion of a prestigious family when it came to cultivation. For those from impoverished families, such leisure and ease were simply unimaginable.

The five months of cultivation had propelled Zhou Yi's strength to advance rapidly, once again reaching the peak state of the seventh level of internal energy, and he had come into contact with the cultivation barrier of this level.

If this speed were to be revealed, it would undoubtedly be considered incredible and unbelievable. However, Zhou Yi had become numb to the successive miracles that had occurred, so when he reached this realm, he didn't panic or lose his composure like last time; instead, he calmly accepted it.

Of course, due to his personal habits, he didn't share this news with anyone, not even his own parents.

During these five months, Zhou Yi's biggest gain wasn't just his internal energy cultivation but also the discovery of the "Thirty-Six Styles ." This set of techniques wasn't limited to the use of palm strikes alone. As stated in the secret manual, whether using a broadsword or a long axe, the Thirty-Six Styles could be incorporated into them.

In the secret chamber, Zhou Yi went through the trials, and true to his expectations, he was not disappointed. This set of martial arts techniques could indeed be employed with bare hands or with weapons. However, the book specifically mentioned that unleashing this technique on the battlefield with a heavy battle-axe would undoubtedly be unrivaled, allowing its power to be fully unleashed.

Yet, whenever Zhou Yi thought about the weight of the battle-axe and the inner energy expended when using this technique, he instinctively brushed aside those thoughts.

During this period, his primary focus was integrating the six forms he had already learned into his palm and blade techniques. Logically speaking, achieving this step required more than just secluded practice. Without considerable combat experience and multiple repetitions of training, problems would inevitably arise in certain aspects.

But inexplicably, Zhou Yi managed to do it. He successfully merged those six forms into his own combat skills and inner energy, and the process was not complicated at all. Just like before, it flowed naturally, as if everything fell into place effortlessly.

The smooth progress during this period left even Zhou Yi himself bewildered. However, being someone whose nerves had become quite thick, he wasn't surprised and simply accepted it as a matter of course.

After all, for a youth who had broken through the inner energy barrier twice within a year, what other miraculous cultivation events could truly astonish him?

Drawing from his previous experience, once Zhou Yi reached the peak of the seventh layer, he immediately left the seclusion chamber and headed towards the library.