Chapter 37

With the cheers of the crowd, Zhou Yi's expression subtly changed. They came here to watch others' martial arts competitions, but unexpectedly, they got entangled in it themselves. Whether they liked it or not, in this situation, they had no choice.

Zhou Yixuan waved his sleeve, producing a crisp and loud sound that could be distinctly heard even amidst the cheering of the crowd. Without further ado, he walked forward, and anyone in his path immediately scrambled to move backward, clearing a wide path to the arena.

Helplessly, Zhou Yi had no choice but to follow his older brother and arrived at the edge of the arena. He couldn't help but be slightly surprised when he saw another young man who resembled Xu Yucai in appearance. The resemblance between this young man and Xu Yucai was so striking that it was evident they shared a blood relation.

Zhou Yixuan was also taken aback, then smiled and said, "Brother Xu Yude, so you are also here."

The young man's face displayed a faint smile and said, "Brother Yixuan, why isn't Brother Zhou Yitian here?"

Zhou Yixuan smiled wryly and replied, "If my eldest brother were here, I'm afraid Brother Xu wouldn't dare to propose a martial arts challenge."

Xu Yude's face grew slightly grim, and he coldly said, "Brother Yixuan, be careful with your words and don't speak recklessly."

Zhou Yixuan smirked and said, "So, Brother Xu wants to challenge my eldest brother?"

Xu Yude's face turned ashen, and a hint of anger surfaced. His tone turned chilly as he said, "Brother Yixuan, there's no need to argue verbally. Let's settle it on the arena."

Zhou Yixuan burst into laughter and took big strides onto the arena. As he ascended the stage, the cheers from the audience grew even louder. Zhou Yi could clearly hear many people shouting the names of the Xu and Zhou families. Apparently, in Taicang County, almost everyone knew the Xu and Zhou families, and they were aware that the two third-generation scions from these families were on the arena. The enthusiasm exhibited by the crowd was far more frenzied than the previous match.

Upon seeing the expression of Xu's eldest son in front of his third brother, Zhou Yi felt a deep sense of emotion. His eldest brother truly deserved to be the only seventh-level internal energy expert among the younger generation of the three major families. After hearing his eldest brother's name, this Xu Yude didn't even dare to mention the word "challenge."

However, as he recalled the conversation his grandfather had with him in his room the night before coming here, Zhou Yi became vigilant once again. If his eldest brother wasn't present and Xu Yucai defeated his third brother, the prestige of the Xu family would undoubtedly soar while the Zhou family would lose some face.

He snorted inwardly, but when his gaze fell upon the arena, his eyebrows furrowed discreetly. Although his third brother had previously defeated opponents and both of them were currently sixth-level cultivators of internal energy, Zhou Yi had a strange feeling that his third brother seemed to be slightly weaker than the opponent.

In fact, Zhou Yi couldn't possibly possess such keen insight, but his intuition was exceptionally sharp. Just by observing the movements and demeanor of the two individuals on the arena, he had a vague sense of the outcome being predetermined.

At this moment, the two individuals on the arena stood in a straight line, sizing each other up. Unlike the earlier match between Xiao Leng and the others, which started with punches and kicks as if they had an irreconcilable feud, these two representatives of different prominent families of the younger generation stood in their respective corners of the arena in unspoken agreement. From their bodies, an invisible and intangible aura gradually emanated, affecting those around them.