Chapter 73

After Zhou Yi Hai took the stage, the two of them exchanged clasped fists and cautiously began their bout. Although everyone knew that this was just a customary arena duel and there would be no life-or-death struggle, the sight of the scions of the two major families going all out in combat was a rare spectacle. Even most of the people in the main hall had never had the chance to witness such a sight, let alone the onlookers gathered in the surrounding circle.

From the moment they started their exchange, cheers and applause resounded without end, which inadvertently made them exert a bit more strength in their strikes.

Cheng Lanuo practiced a peculiar water-based martial art. His palms moved like waves, constantly undulating and seemingly never-ending.

On the other hand, Zhou Yi Hai was a practitioner of fire-based martial arts and was inherently restrained by Cheng Lanuo's style. However, to everyone's surprise, when he activated his fire-based techniques, his entire body seemed like a blazing furnace, emitting waves of intense heat that deterred anyone from approaching. These waves of heat seemed to have no fear of Cheng Lanuo's water-based power; on the contrary, they had a faint tendency to break through the opponent's martial art blockade.

Experts see the doorway, while laymen enjoy the show.

Most people watched the lively match on the stage and cheered loudly, but some who truly understood martial arts were secretly amazed. Both participants on the stage were practitioners of the sixth layer of inner energy, and their primary cultivation methods and combat techniques were ordinary. In theory, Cheng Lanuo, with his water-based techniques, should have had the upper hand. However, in reality, he gradually lost the initiative and found himself at a disadvantage.

This wasn't because Cheng Lanuo was intentionally holding back; it was because his strength was lacking.

Despite both having reached the sixth layer of inner energy, Zhou Yi Hai's inner energy seemed to surpass Cheng Lanuo's by a slight margin. Moreover, the main difference lay in their comprehension of combat techniques.

Zhou Yi Hai had pushed his fire-based combat technique to its limits, truly grasping the essence of the technique. It was the result of countless efforts, painstaking practice, and discussions, research, and sparring with Zhou Yi Tian and Zhou Yi Xuan. It was the culmination of numerous failures and the ultimate realization of the essence of the technique.

When he unleashed this combat technique, he became like a condensed furnace of fire, while Cheng Lanuo's water resembled scattered droplets. Once the water made contact with the furnace, it was instantly dried up by the intense heat, leaving at most a wisp of light smoke.

Although there was a certain restraint in terms of elemental attributes, when one person consolidated their strength into a fist while the other dispersed their strength, it was like comparing a tightly clenched fist to a handful of loose sand. No matter what, the scattered power couldn't defeat the fist.

As soon as they clashed, astute observers like Zhou Yi and others had already seen the final outcome. After a brief struggle, even the younger generation, including Zhou Yi Tian, breathed a sigh of relief.

Suddenly, Cheng Lanuo's palms danced rapidly as if he had grown countless extra hands in an instant, eliciting cheers from the crowd. However, just when everyone thought he was about to unleash an earth-shattering martial art, he withdrew and loudly declared, "Brother Hai, I admit defeat. Cheng's disciples, use the guerrilla warfare against him!"

The crowd was bewildered, unable to understand why Cheng Lanuo, who clearly had the upper hand, would choose to admit defeat. Only a few individuals in the main hall wore smiles. Cheng Lanuo had lost the match but not his momentum, and his spirited roar as he stepped down from the stage made everyone burst into laughter.