Chapter 38

As Zhou Yixuan stepped out of the arena, his feet barely touching the ground, he suddenly felt a gentle palm resting on his right arm. A pure and powerful inner energy flowed into his meridians like flowing water. His heart was filled with joy and excitement because this inner energy was none other than the Ripple Technique he had been cultivating. However, it was clear that the opponent's cultivation level far surpassed his own, as the inner energy immediately flowed towards his right shoulder.

The meridians, previously injured by Xu Yude's powerful punches, instantly expanded under the impact of this inner energy. The healing properties of water-based techniques were fully utilized at this moment. A cool sensation spread from the meridians to his entire shoulder, relieving the burning pain and making him feel much better.

Zhou Yixuan took a deep breath, his face showing a tinge of embarrassment. The only person in Zhou Family Village who practiced the water-based Ripple Technique with such proficiency was his own mother, Lin Wenyu. He never expected his mother to come personally and witness his defeat. The thought made his heart darken. It wasn't that he feared his mother's reprimand, but rather he was afraid of disappointing his parents and causing them sorrow.

However, at that moment, a familiar and somewhat youthful voice sounded in his ear, "Big Brother, how do you feel?"

Zhou Yixuan blinked and turned his head, his eyes widening in disbelief. It wasn't his mother, as he had speculated, but his younger brother, Zhou Yi. What truly astonished him was that at this very moment, Zhou Yi's palm was gently supporting his right arm, and from the point of contact, a stream of incredibly refined water-based inner energy continuously flowed into his body, nurturing his meridians.

Zhou Yixuan's expression instantly became extremely strange. There was only one thought in his mind: Wasn't his younger brother practicing a metal-based technique? Since when did he reach such a level in water-based techniques too?

"Brother Zhou Yixuan, you are lose," Xu Yucai's voice rang out from the arena. His aura had completely subsided, but standing on the platform, he still exuded an awe-inspiring presence, like a towering mountain. The image of the demonic deity he had just displayed was forever etched in the minds of all the spectators.

Soft whispers, as if intentionally controlled, gradually filled the air as everyone discussed the final blow that had just been exchanged. Although Zhou Yixuan had shown exceptional strength that few could match, in the face of Xu Yucai's fierce strike, it had become insignificant, and no one paid any more attention to him.

Zhou Yixuan's face turned red instantly. His fists clenched tightly, and his gaze contained a hint of hatred as he said, "Brother Xu Yucai is truly formidable. I will come to back again in a year's time, hoping that Brother Yucai will not hesitate to offer guidance."

Xu Yucai burst into laughter and said, "As long as Brother Yixuan is interested, I will certainly accompany you."

Zhou Yixuan nodded slightly, took Zhou Yi's hand, and whispered, "Let's go."

However, he soon realized that Zhou Yi's hand was as steady as a rock, showing no intention of letting go. He looked up in surprise and caught a glimpse of the fierceness in his younger brother's eyes.

"Brother, let me give it a try," Zhou Yi said in a deep voice.

Zhou Yixuan was momentarily stunned and instinctively released his grip. Zhou Yi nodded slightly, and in a flash, he had jumped onto the platform.

Watching his younger brother's spirited figure on the arena, Zhou Yixuan suddenly felt that he had become somewhat unfamiliar. It was at this moment that he remembered it was this younger brother who had already earned the right to sit alongside the elders and the eldest brother in the clan. It was this younger brother who had fought his eldest brother to a draw in the New Year's martial arts competition, and it was this younger brother who had killed the fugitive Hu Bin, who had fled to Taicang County.