Chapter 72

The crowd congratulated each other as they entered the grand hall of Cheng Manor, and everyone who laid eyes on Zhou Yitian couldn't help but praise him. Although they knew that most of these people were insincere in their compliments, their faces were filled with radiant joy and their smiles were charming.

Today marked the union of the Cheng and Zhou families, and regardless of the reasons behind it, it was undoubtedly one of the grandest events the county had seen in a decade. The number of people heading towards Cheng Manor surpassed even the turnout for Old Master Cheng's birthday celebration from years ago.

Outside Cheng Manor, the streets were bustling with carriages and pedestrians, shoulder to shoulder. Inside the manor, it was equally crowded. However, in the main hall, it didn't appear overly congested. Sitting in the seat of honor, unsurprisingly, was Old Master Cheng. Given his seniority and status, unless it was Grandfather Zhou or Grandfather Xu who came in person, no one else would dare to take his place.

By Old Master Cheng's side sat a man and a woman. Despite their reserved demeanor, their words and gestures revealed an intimate connection, evident to anyone that they were a married couple.

While the people in the hall went out to welcome the Zhou family, these three individuals remained as steady as Mount Tai in their seats. Zhou Quanming's gaze shifted to them, and he immediately guessed their identities. With a respectful bow, he said, "Greetings, Old Master Cheng."

Cheng Ningsheng stood up with a smile, behaving like an amicable elder as he ushered them into their seats.

As per the protocol, only Zhou Quanming and his blood brother, Zhou Quanyi, were allowed to sit at the main table. Zhou Yihai and the others, along with several leading stewards who accompanied them into the main hall, had to take their places in the lower seats.

However, when Zhou Quanyi took his seat, he suddenly said, "Yi, come as well."

Zhou Yi's footsteps faltered momentarily, caught off guard.

Zhou Quanyi smiled and explained, "Old Master Cheng, before my father departed, he expressed his wish for Yi to sit at the main table with my brothers."

All eyes turned to Zhou Yi. Within prestigious families, reputation, seating arrangements, and other factors carried significant importance. With Zhou Quanyi's words, it became evident that within the Zhou family, Zhou Yi held a position of power and influence that could be mentioned in the same breath as the second-generation members. This level of special treatment hadn't even been enjoyed by Zhou Yitian, who was hailed as the number one among the third-generation members of the three major aristocratic families and possessed the internal strength of seven layers.

Sensing the heavy scrutiny, disbelief, and jealousy emanating from the onlookers, Zhou Yi suddenly realized that after experiencing such situations multiple times, he no longer cared much about their opinions.

Zhou Quanming nodded slightly. Although he resided in Zhuang for an extended period, he was well aware of Yi's strength and current status within the manor. Inviting Zhou Yi to sit at the main table as an equal was by no means presumptuous.

Zhou Yi forced a bitter smile. He had initially hoped that his father would intervene, but he hadn't expected him to acquiesce.

Cheng Ningsheng's eyes showed a hint of surprise. Although he held a high estimation of Zhou Yi, this level of recognition surpassed his expectations.

However, Cheng Ningsheng immediately burst into laughter and declared, "Excellent! Throughout history, heroes emerge among the youth. Let Yi join us."

Maintaining a composed smile on his face, Zhou Yi reluctantly stepped forward and entered the main table.