Chapter 188

The howling wind rushed by with lightning speed, yet amidst the furious sprint, Zhou Yi's movements remained poised and unruffled, devoid of any trace of panic. It was especially at the moment when he took hold of the Great Guan Dao that a profound and unparalleled confidence flickered in his eyes.

This confidence was bestowed upon him by the Great Guan Dao, as if with this blade in hand, he feared nothing, and there was no feat beyond his reach. With deftness, his hands swiftly flipped, causing the Great Guan Dao to split into three segments. Drawing a deep breath, Zhou Yi finally grasped the last segment, infusing it with immense true energy. Then, with a sharp flick of his wrist, this section of steel rod shot forth like a shooting star chasing the moon, hurtling toward the figure sprinting ahead.

A thunderous sonic boom echoed through the air. Fueled by Zhou Yi's abundant true energy, the steel rod traveled at lightning speed, as if the moment it was launched, it had already arrived at the back of the cloaked figure.

The man's heart jolted in terror, his wrist trembling as a rapier swiftly emerged, as if he had eyes on his back. Without the slightest deviation, it precisely struck the end of the steel rod.

Carrying an unparalleled might, the steel rod abruptly halted mid-air, as if the force from the sword had nullified all its power, causing it to plummet heavily to the ground.

However, the man, who was still in swift motion, stumbled, nearly toppling over. With a mighty effort, he managed to regain his footing. Just as he took a step forward, an eerie sensation abruptly crawled up his spine once more.

In the midst of intense peril, this individual, deserving of being one of the innate powerhouses, instinctively thrust out his sword once again. Unerringly, it connected with the second flying steel rod, deflecting it from its trajectory.

However, his misfortune did not dissipate, as the third and most intense wave of fear continued to expand within his senses like a soaring bird.

As he felt the spine-chilling terror emanating from behind, an unexpected calmness washed over him. The diligent training he had undergone on ordinary days now played a crucial role at this very moment.

His rapier swiftly thrust out for the third time in a backhanded motion.

"Clang..."

A crisp sound reverberated through the air as the Great Guan Dao soared high into the sky. Almost simultaneously, the man's rapier could no longer withstand the tremendous impact and snapped into two pieces.

What terrified the cloaked figure even more was the fact that with these three enigmatic assaults, Zhou Yi had caught up to him completely.

With a forceful leap, Zhou Yi had already closed in behind the man. He calmly extended his hands, forming a peculiar hand seal in mid-air. A flash of red light flickered in his palm, resembling the striking of a drum, as he struck it twice.

The recently replenished true energy condensed into a small point and finally released as a tiny red needle-shaped true energy, swiftly traversing the distance between them, seemingly about to strike the man's back.

The person let out a bitter smile, lightly leaped into the air, halfway turned his body, and unleashed a punch, blocking the sudden sneak attack.

Subsequently, his gaze fell upon Zhou Yi, filled with bewilderment. After all the time they had spent sprinting together, how could this person still be so vibrant, as if he had just slept for seventeen or eighteen hours? Could it be that this individual possessed a remedy even more potent than holy water?

Indeed, even for an innate powerhouse, under such extreme sprinting, they would feel extreme fatigue. Even if they possessed the supreme holy water to help rejuvenate their weary spirit, the consumption of true energy still affected their vitality.