Chapter 43

Zhou Yi emerged just as before, only pausing briefly before swiftly leaping onto the fence. With a quick glance, his eyes immediately caught sight of the figure in black.

Exerting a slight force with his feet, he darted out and quickly caught up at the fastest speed possible.

If it had been the short and thin drunkard, Zhou Yi would have been wary and might not have wanted to provoke him over this matter. After all, the drunkard was a guest of the Xu family, and if someone discovered Zhou Yi's ambush, he would be unable to defend himself.

However, the one fleeing at this moment was not the drunkard but another person who had been in contact with him, also dressed in black. This lessened Zhou Yi's concerns to some extent.

Time was pressing, and he naturally didn't want to delay for too long. The other person was clearly cautious as well, not daring to take the main road and instead navigating through the alleys. Moreover, their speed was not fast, displaying an extreme level of caution.

Once they were a hundred meters away from the Cheng residence, Zhou Yi suddenly accelerated, appearing behind the black-clad figure like a whirlwind. Internal energy surged like a tidal wave as he extended a palm, executing the soundless and seamless Eighth Layer Soft Palm towards the person in front of him.

The most significant characteristic of water-based martial arts, aside from its endless and seemingly boundless internal energy, was its light and soft nature. It was practically the best choice for sneak attacks and ambushes.

However, the black-clad person, who had been extremely cautious while traveling, sensed something even though Zhou Yi's appearance was abrupt. This person's reaction was as swift as lightning; exerting force beneath his feet, he shot out like a bolt of lightning. In mid-air, he turned around and cast a piercing gaze towards Zhou Yi.

He furrowed his brows slightly, and Zhou Yi felt a hint of astonishment in his heart. 

This person's strength might not be comparable to that drunkard, but he had clearly cultivated an exceptionally advanced light-footwork technique. Zhou Yi even had a feeling that if this person were to escape recklessly, it would be difficult for him to catch up. With a thought, Zhou Yi immediately withdrew his palm. 

Fortunately, the water-based martial technique was restrained and not fully unleashed. The opponent had not yet realized the immense power behind that palm strike. "Who are you? What is your relationship with that drunkard from the Xu family? Tell me honestly," Zhou Yi coldly snorted, raising his head and speaking in a condescending tone.

"Who are you, and what is your relationship with that drunkard from the Xu family? Confess honestly," Zhou Yi sneered, raising his head and speaking with a condescending tone.

Indeed, the black-clad person's expression changed instantly. A sharp cold light flashed in his eyes.

Upon seeing Zhou Yi, he too was inwardly startled. This young man was able to silently approach him from behind at such a close distance, which naturally shocked him. Moreover, they weren't far from the Cheng residence, and if a fight broke out, it would definitely attract attention. So his first thought was to get away from this place.

However, once Zhou Yi spoke those words, he immediately understood that this matter needed to be resolved. If he allowed this person to expose the drunkard's identity, it would be a catastrophe for him as well.

His gaze swept over Zhou Yi once again, and he made up his mind. This young boy, no matter how strong he might be, couldn't possibly be stronger than him. Since he wanted to court death, he would fulfill his wish.

"Who are you, and what are you saying? I'm sorry, but I don't understand," the black-clad person lowered his voice, feigning a hoarse accent, and slowly moved forward.