Chapter 94

After the two Long-arm Martens descended, they didn't immediately pounce but instead circled around the group. It seemed as though they were teasing and wondering how these humans had seen through their plan of flanking them.

Being different from humans, they possessed high intelligence and keen senses. In their perception, the man wielding the Guandao seemed to emanate a terrifying aura. In comparison, although there were more humans present on the other side, they did not pose a significant threat to it.

The trailing Long-arm Marten slowly opened its mouth. This peculiar spirit beast, similar in form to a large monkey, extended its arms, which were longer than its body, and leaped onto a branch as thick as a human arm. It hung in the air, gazing at the humans before it.

Then, at that very moment, a streak of light seemed to flash across the sky, and the eyes of the Long-arm Marten filled with a snowy white color.

Both its instincts and intelligence made it sense danger. It swiftly released its grip, recoiled backward, and its two arms started pounding forward recklessly.

In a single leap, Zhou Yi had already arrived above the head of the spirit beast. His great Broadsword transformed into a cluster of afterimages and heavily struck the Long-arm Marten's arms.

"Clang, clang, clang..."

A series of intense sounds resounded continuously, akin to the clash of metal and stone, causing a faint pain in the ears of those present.

Suddenly, the Long-arm Marten let out a fierce howl, and its body swiftly retreated like a flying arrow. Surprisingly, the one unable to withstand the onslaught wasn't Zhou Yi, but the spirit beast that initially appeared imposing and seemed to regard the humans before it as mere ants.

Zhou Yi burst into loud laughter, a laughter filled with indescribable satisfaction. Along with his laughter, his footsteps didn't stop. He closely pursued the retreating Long-arm Marten, simultaneously swinging his arms and wielding the Guandao, causing it to spin and fly, trapping the Long-arm Martenin a straight line.

Xie Nuanyi and the others widened their eyes. If this scene didn't happen right before them, they would never believe it.

Zhou Yi's broadswordsmanship was nothing extraordinary. Anyone here could easily execute the Guandao to this extent.

Of course, this was because they didn't know the true weight of the Guandao. If they knew that the total weight of the weapon reached 360 jin (approximately 400 pounds), even Xie Nuanyi wouldn't entertain such thoughts.

However, even though they were unaware of the weight of the great broadsword, they understood one thing: Zhou Yi had actually forced the spirit beast to retreat step by step, even causing it to scream in pain. This raised the question of how much power was contained within the Guandao.

Apart from attributing it to innate divine strength, it was evident that this person's internal strength had reached an incredible realm.

Suddenly, a thought flashed like lightning in everyone's minds.

Ten layers. Only a peak expert with ten layers of internal strength, combined with innate divine strength, could achieve this level.

In an instant, Xie Nuanyi's mind cleared, and he shouted, "Be careful!"

Before his words even finished, he had already leaped forward, arriving in front of several attendants. With a wave of his hand, a nimble rapier appeared out of thin air. However, under the infusion of his internal strength, the rapier trembled straight, emitting a crisp humming sound.

The rapier lunged towards the approaching Long-arm Marten, resembling a venomous snake. Xie Nuanyi didn't possess the divine strength of Zhou Yi, nor did he have the one-of-a-kind Guandao that couldn't be found anywhere else in the Fire Crow Kingdom. Therefore, he didn't dare to engage in a direct confrontation with the Long-arm Marten. Instead, he cleverly flicked his wrist and aimed the rapier towards the creature's eyes.