Chapter 53

The forest lay densely before them, its vibrant green akin to a tranquil pool. The mountains stood like ink paintings, adorned by a swaying forest exuding the fragrances of various plants. However, within this beautiful forest, a life-and-death battle between man and beast unfolded.

This was a battle with no room for compromise or mercy. The relentless greed of humanity was evident in this moment. Standing atop the food chain, they sought to trample everything beneath their feet, even the powerful spiritual beasts were not exempt.

Yet, hunting down a spiritual beast was undeniably the most dangerous endeavor. Even a master with ten layers of inner strength dared not guarantee an easy victory. As the Golden Crown Python retaliated in pain, the large blade in Zhou Wu De's hand was flung into the sky, soaring directly towards Zhou Yi's direction.

Zhou Yi, who was attentively observing the battleground, clearly saw the Golden Crown Python open its massive jaws and swiftly pursue their grandfather. In that instant, Zhou Yi's spirit immediately became unprecedentedly focused. The blood in his body surged, as if he had suddenly reached a realm beyond his imagination.

Unexplainably, he did not let out the futile and miserable cry that the other members of the Zhou family did. Instead, he exerted a slight force with his feet, leaping out like a nimble swallow. His body twisted and turned in mid-air, arriving effortlessly next to the flying blade high above. With a deft motion, he reached out and effortlessly caught the three-hundred-plus-pound blade in his hand, as if it weighed nothing.

Rather than descending due to the weight of the blade, his body remained suspended in the air. With a flick of his wrist, he neutralized the force attached to the blade, and leveraging that power, he swiftly flew to Zhou Wu De, who had fallen to the ground.

Suddenly, his vision blurred, and a colossal snake head lunged forward like a soaring arrow. He seemed to have already caught a whiff of the nauseating stench emanating from the snake's mouth. He even had an illusion that his entire being was locked in place by the emotionless gaze of those small eyes.

However, he didn't hesitate for a moment. In the blink of an eye, his hands tightly gripped the center of the blade's hilt. Holding the great Broadsword vertically in front of his chest, one hand was positioned near his brow while the other was raised high above his head. This weapon, once renowned throughout Taicang County, was now raised high.

The shining blade, under the modest sunlight, exhibited a dazzling brilliance. The immense inner strength surged instantaneously, reaching the ninth level. In this moment, not a single thought of concealing his true power crossed his mind.

The ninth level of Mixed Yuan Internal Energy, the ninth level of Ripple Technique, and the ninth level of Fiery Flame Technique—three completely unrelated and distinct martial arts with different attributes—were activated simultaneously.

"Crack..."

His clothing erupted like an explosion, as if a Category Ten typhoon had erupted centered on him. His seemingly unimposing figure emitted an aura that could engulf mountains and rivers, akin to the towering peaks that stood unwavering between heaven and earth after the creation of the world.

Just like the ancient legends of the primordial war god, who swept across the world, challenging the heavens, the earth, and all beings, never bowing down to any existence.

Just like the mythological era's supreme emperor, pointing to the heavens and the earth, proclaiming his unrivaled dominance, with a voice that shook the heavens.

In this moment, when the three major ninth-level inner strength techniques erupted to their fullest, Zhou Yi ceased to be Zhou Yi.

The Thirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing....