Chapter 55

In the dim underground chamber, a sudden burst of light emanated from a single flickering candle, swiftly dispersing the darkness and banishing it beyond its reach.

This candlelight was a special creation of the Zhou family estate, with each underground chamber housing one. Although it couldn't claim to illuminate the space as brightly as daylight, it was enough for practitioners with an internal strength of at least three to see things clearly.

Setting down the lampshade, Zhou Yi stepped into the center of the secret chamber. The memory of yesterday's remarkable strike was still fresh in his mind. At that moment, even he couldn't fathom how he had managed to unleash such a breathtaking and astonishing broadsword technique.

In his mind, there was only one thought: to rescue his grandfather from the clutches of the Golden Crown Python. This singular focus compelled him to cast aside all distractions and merge the three distinct internal cultivation methods into one, allowing him to unleash a strike that surpassed all expectations.

However, now as he attempted to revisit that moment and retrace the details of that strike, he was astounded to find that he couldn't replicate it. Despite his internal strength remaining incredibly powerful and under his complete control, the issue lay in the fact that he could only employ one of the three main internal cultivation methods. It was impossible for him to simultaneously utilize even two of them, let alone all three.

He couldn't comprehend the reason behind this limitation, but in a situation where the three cultivation methods couldn't harmoniously coexist, he simply couldn't reproduce that technique.

Letting out a soft sigh, Zhou Yi, after numerous futile attempts, finally had to accept the reality. He knew that conjuring such a world-shaking strike by chance was already an extraordinary feat. If it were so easily mastered, it wouldn't be deemed miraculous.

Despite his less-than-ideal mood, Zhou Yi refused to succumb to desolation. Crossing his legs, he began practicing all three internal cultivation methods he had learned.

He believed that it was essential to compare different techniques to truly recognize their worth. After a thorough comparison, Zhou Yi had to admit that the Fiery Flame Technique he acquired from the Xu family indeed had a faster cultivation speed compared to the Mixed Yuan Force and Ripple Technique. Each session of practice left his meridians warm and comfortable, and it seemed to generate a greater amount of internal strength.

The reputation of a top-tier technique was well-deserved. After contemplating for a while, although he felt reluctant to abandon the Mixed Yuan Force, Zhou Yi made up his mind to prioritize the intense fire technique in his future training, aiming to enhance his strength as quickly as possible.

Suddenly, the bell in the secret chamber rang out abruptly, catching Zhou Yi off guard. He wondered who could be seeking him out. He left the chamber and, to his surprise, found his father, Zhou Quanming, waiting outside.

Quickly inviting his father inside, Zhou Yi prepared a cup of tea, using tea leaves that had been stored for an unknown length of time. As Zhou Quanming looked at the lukewarm tea on the table and the small tea cake floating on its surface, resembling a dark speck of roach droppings, he couldn't muster the courage to drink it, thus disappointing his son's filial intentions.

Clearing his throat, Zhou Quanming said, "Yi, I came here today to assess your progress."

"My progress?" Zhou Yi was slightly taken aback. "Father, does our family have such a tradition?"

Shaking his head, Zhou Quanming replied, "No, it's just my curiosity about your cultivation journey."

"Yi, tell me honestly, have you broken through the seventh barrier and advanced to the eighth level?" Zhou Quanming's expression turned extremely serious as he stared unwaveringly at his son, as if afraid of hearing a negative answer from his mouth.