Chapter 158

Leaving the Fenglaixiang Jewelry , they turned onto a side street. Zhou Yi sighed apologetically, "Li Xun, I had originally intended to pick out a few pieces of jewelry for you, but I didn't expect this turn of events. We ended up with nothing. I promise to make it up to you next time."

Yuan Lixun smiled faintly, pointing to the painting scroll inside Zhou Yi's package, saying, "But we do have this, don't we? How can we say we gained nothing?"

Zhou Yi raised an eyebrow, cracking a smile, feeling warmth fill his heart as well.

Suddenly, Yuan Lixun's smile faded, a hint of hesitation showing on her face. Concerned, Zhou Yi quickly asked, "What's wrong?"

He certainly didn't think Yuan Lixun was unhappy because there were no gifts. But her change in expression did worry him.

Unexplainably, every move, every smile of Yuan Lixun's could tug at his heartstrings. Though their initial meeting wasn't of Zhou Yi's choosing, at his age, being a young man who had barely interacted with anyone other than those involved in his cultivation, the first woman to stay by his side was naturally the easiest to find a place in his heart.

Yuan Lixun pursed her rosy lips and spoke softly, "Young Master, just now, I saw someone I know."

"Someone you know? You have acquaintances here?" Zhou Yi asked in surprise.

"Yes, the person you may not recognize, but I will never forget," Yuan Lixun said in a low voice.

Zhou Yi's gaze slightly hardened; he sensed a vague hint of fear. He gently asked, "Who is this person?"

"Young Master, do you remember the Jinlin Fan family?" Yuan Lixun asked softly.

"Of course I do," Zhou Yi replied with a sunny smile. "In this lifetime, I don't think I'll ever forget them."

It was precisely because of the conflict with the Jinlin Fan family that Zhou Yi had his first encounter with a preeminent cultivator.

"The current head of the Fan family, Fan Shuhe, has two sons. One is Fan Haori, and the other is Fan Haoyue," Yuan Lixun solemnly said. "The person I encountered earlier was Fan Haoyue."

In Zhou Yi's mind, a face flashed instantly. It was the young noble he had encountered when he returned home from the Fire Crow Kingdom and passed through Jinlin. At that time, the arrogant young man had tried to covet his Hongling Horse. However, Zhou Yi was in a good mood and didn't want to bother with him, so he simply taught him a small lesson and left.

It was only later that he learned the person he had encountered was the second young master who had returned home. From him, Zhou Yi obtained enough refined magnetic steel to refine his great guandao once again.

These memories flashed like lightning in his mind, and the once-fading figure became clearer and clearer.

"Lixun, how did you recognize him?" Zhou Yi asked.

Yuan Lixun's face slightly reddened as she said, "This person once visited my family. After seeing me, he sent someone to propose marriage to my father. However, my father rejected him outright." She lightly tapped her chest, seemingly still shaken by the experience.

Zhou Yi's eyes briefly glanced at her chest. Yuan Lixun was not much younger than him, just sixteen years old, and as a girl who matured early, her chest had slightly developed with two small budding curves, though they were still hidden under her clothes. It was different from a man's physique, and when his gaze swept over, he couldn't help but look a little longer.

Yuan Lixun, with her feminine intuition, noticed this and her face turned red, feeling embarrassed. She lightly reprimanded herself and wondered why she would make such a gesture.