Chapter 87

In the depths of the jungle, a nimble figure moved swiftly like a phantom. Soon, this figure arrived at the heart of the dense forest. Typically, this place was rarely visited by humans, except for the skilled hunters who grew up in the jungle or powerful cultivators who could ignore its dangers.

The figure abruptly halted, revealing Zhou Yi, who had journeyed all the way from Zhou Village. Yesterday, while quietly cultivating his internal energy, he realized that no matter which technique he practiced, he couldn't make any further progress. It dawned on him that he had once again reached the peak of his current stage.

The speed of his cultivation left him speechless, even for himself. Since he had reached the pinnacle of his current stage, he had initially planned to find a new secret manual to continue his training. However, he suddenly gained a new insight into the Hidden Needle Seal technique.

After brief consideration, he immediately decided to go up the mountain to test and improve his techniques. This kind of feeling was extremely rare, like a moment of inspiration. If he couldn't seize it, who knows when the next insight would come.

As soon as his feet landed, his hands naturally formed the intricate and complex Hidden Needle Seal. Compared to the Earth seal, the Hidden Needle Seal was even more intricate due to its combination of different attributes of internal energy techniques. In the realm of acquired cultivation, apart from Zhou Yi as the creator, there was likely no one else who could achieve this.

As the seal formed on his hands, internal energy surged through his meridians. The peculiar internal energy circulated within his body, not limited to any of the four primary internal energy techniques but starting with the   Mixed yuan force(Primordial Qi) Technique and following the order of the Five Elements until it concluded with the Fiery Flame Technique.

In this ever-changing process, Zhou Yi's hands formed different shapes of hand seals in a peculiar manner. Regardless of the variation in the hand seals, they all resembled a bundle of cotton hiding sharp steel needles. Although they lacked the stable and immovable feeling of the Earth seal, they possessed a mysterious and subtle Yin quality.

At the same time, Zhou Yi's feet continued to move within the dense forest. If Lin Tao Li were present, he would surely be astonished to find that Zhou Yi's footwork bore some resemblance to the accompanying footwork bore of the Cloud Rain Seal.

A strong sense of danger gradually emanated from Zhou Yi's body. His hands moved swiftly like flying, yet they flowed naturally like running water. When the internal energy within his body reached its peak, a surge of internal energy quickly gathered in his right index finger, concealed behind his left hand's back.

Then, his right index finger quietly protruded and flicked out from the gap between his left fingers. A fierce burst of internal energy shot out like an arrow leaving a bowstring.

"Crack..."

After a soft sound, a tree several meters away suddenly had a pinhole-sized opening. This opening had pierced through the entire trunk before the internal energy dissipated completely.

Zhou Yi's body abruptly stopped, and he approached the tree, silently observing the hole. His heart surged with indescribable excitement.

However, when he glanced at his right index finger, his eyebrows slightly furrowed.

This was his newly realized technique, integrating the sneak attack method from the Cloud Rain Seal into the Hidden Needle Seal. It allowed him to project that unpredictable and mysterious needle-shaped internal energy.

The power of this long-range finger force was indeed formidable, but the cost was far from ordinary. At this moment, his right index finger was slightly swollen, and the corresponding meridian was uncomfortably distended.