Chapter 110

The burly man wore a dark and stern expression on his face as he looked at Yuan Chengzhi. Among this group of people, since he was the first to speak, naturally, he drew everyone's attention.

However, Yuan Chengzhi's reaction was different from the others. Faced with over thirty bandits wearing red scarves, he showed no sign of fear. Instead, a hint of disdain played at the corners of his eyes and mouth.

The red-scarfed bandit, who had seen much in his life, couldn't possibly misinterpret such an expression. His brow furrowed, and the people across from him seemed increasingly enigmatic and profound in his eyes.

"Liao, why waste time talking with them? These horses are excellent. Let's keep them all. The leader will surely reward us," said one of the red-scarfed bandits, his eyes gleaming. He kept his gaze fixed on the crimson horse. However, his heart remained cruel, as he planned to leave the fate of the people entirely unmentioned.

Liao's eyes finally filled with a chilling light. In his heart, he told himself that it was impossible to encounter a formidable opponent so easily in this world. With his own eighth-layer internal energy and over thirty brothers who possessed fourth or fifth-layer internal energy, they were more than enough to dominate this official road.

Indeed, how could a true master travel by switching mounts? True experts were rare, not as common as cabbages in the market.

Once he made up his mind, his voice grew louder. "All of you, leave the horses and goods, and then you can go."

Yuan Chengzhi sighed inwardly, but still remained calm. He said, "Do you all intend to block the road and rob us?"

Liao chuckled. "We're not blocking the road for robbery. We're robbing the rich to help the poor. You have so many horses, and the goods on them must be valuable. Surely, you're heartless profiteers. Leave everything here, and Liao will spare your lives."

Zhou Yi chuckled softly. It was his first encounter with horse bandits, and he didn't expect them to not only rob but also claim to be robbing the rich to help the poor. However, after the rich were robbed, the money they acquired probably wouldn't find its way into the hands of the poor.

Just as Yuan Chengzhi was about to speak, Zhou Yitian spoke up loudly. "Uncle Yuan, if we surrender the goods and horses, do you really think these people will spare our lives?"

Upon hearing these words, Liao felt certain and realized he had been overly cautious. It seemed these people were only superficially formidable but lacked substantial skills. His face darkened instantly, and he made up his mind to kill all four of them.

Yuan Chengzhi hesitated for a moment and said, "Bandits have a natural inclination for wanton killing. The reputation of the Red Scarf Bandits has reached even our kingdom. They are ruthless and cruel. Even if we surrender our possessions, they won't spare our lives."

Zhou Yitian had a look of sudden understanding and turned to ask, "Liao, does my uncle speak the truth?"

Liao burst into laughter and said, "Old man's been around the rivers and lakes a few times, so he's gained some experience. You're right..." His face suddenly turned serious as he continued, "Today, we'll keep your goods and horses, but we'll also keep all of you."

As Liao and Zhou Yitian spoke, the over thirty bandits had already dispersed and positioned themselves on the main road, subtly blocking the front and back passages.

In their eyes, these four individuals seemed trapped like turtles in a jar, with no chance of escape. Zhou Yitian shook his head slightly, as if speaking to himself, "Since it's the same whether we hand it over or not, why should we listen to them and give up our horses? Right, Sixth Brother?"