Chapter 199

At the break of dawn, the sun shyly retreated behind the curtain of clouds, resembling a young maiden. The weather, although not particularly clear, didn't hinder the two caravans that had set off from different locations from reaching their destination.

The Kingdom of Kai Rong, one of the three powerful nations in the northwest, had risen to prominence hundreds of years ago. Its ascendancy displaced the previous ruling dynasty, relegating them to a secondary position. Zhou Yi had read about this period in history, but the accounts were rather vague. It seemed that the previous dynasty's ruler admired the ancestors of the Zhan family of Kai Rong, voluntarily abdicating the throne.

Although the descriptions in the book were idealized, Zhou Yi knew it was all a load of rubbish. Regardless of the reasons behind such an outcome, one thing was certain: Kai Rong possessed exceptional strength, ranking among the three powerful nations.

Kai Rong City, the capital, was also one of the most renowned and magnificent cities in the northwest. As Zhou Yi arrived, he couldn't help but be amazed by the grandeur and distinctive features of the city.

The colossal caravan approached the city gates, where they were naturally questioned by the guards. Fortunately, anyone with a discerning eye could see that every member of the caravan was a true expert, truly formidable. Thus, the guards treated them with great respect, without any of the typical bullying and extortion that often occurred with regular city guards.

Especially when Mao Lieguang's entourage revealed their title from the Master Hall, the path became smooth sailing. Even the guards who had been questioning their origins vanished, swept away by the aura of authority.

Even sitting in the carriage, Zhou Yi could feel the prestige and overwhelming aura of the master Hall within the city. It was a force that dared not be challenged.

Upon entering the city, their carriages proceeded directly onto the central road, reserved only for nobles, aristocrats, and esteemed individuals. Many cities in the western regions had similar roads. The more opulent and renowned the city, the more such roads existed, and the stricter the rules. Conversely, smaller cities like Taicang County had far fewer restrictions and regulations.

Finally, they arrived at a massive mansion in the heart of the city, designated for receiving foreign dignitaries. Zhou Yi and the other three Guardians, as protectors of their respective nations, held the most esteemed positions and were naturally given the highest level of treatment.

As they disembarked and entered the mansion, Zhou Yi's ears trembled rhythmically. He "heard" it—the city was home to a considerable number of innate-level powerhouses, with three locations having the highest concentration. And the mansion they were in happened to be one of them.

He didn't dare to eavesdrop intentionally, as he didn't want to draw unnecessary attention to himself.

After Mao Lieguang escorted them to the mansion, he bid them farewell and made plans to invite them to visit the master Hall of Kai Rong in three days' time.

Zhou Yi readily accepted the invitation, eager to witness the renowned Ten Innate Masters of Kai Rong.

Just as they had settled in the courtyard and tidied up, Shui Xuanjin entered, bursting into laughter.

"Brother Zhou, I plan to visit some old friends. Are you interested in joining me?" the old man eagerly suggested.

Zhou Yi felt puzzled and asked, "Do you have old friends here?"

"Yes, this time, the  Innate Trades in Kai Rong will have participants from the Tu Fan Kingdom. They have some unique items that are considered rare in the entire northwest. Therefore, among the vassal states of Kai Rong, quite a few Innate Masters have arrived, and some of them have a good relationship with me," Shui Xuanjin explained. Then, with a raised eyebrow and a confident tone, he continued, "I didn't come to Kai Rong with the expectation of obtaining valuable items. Instead, I want to bid farewell to many old friends and let them know that even without me, the Tian Luo Kingdom is still formidable and not to be trifled with."