Chapter 61

After returning to the courtyard, Zhou Yi rested for half a day before entering the underground secret chamber. Opening the transcribed book of the Wood Elemental Auxiliary Technique, Zhou Yi carefully pondered its contents.

In the next moment, he was astonished to find that he seemed unusually familiar with the contents of this manual. Just casually flipping through it, everything inside became clear to him as if it had been engraved in his bones and soul.

This feeling was similar to his familiarity with the mixed yuan force, which had been thoroughly imprinted into his being. He was taken aback and immediately thought of the inexplicable and unexplainable state he had experienced in the book depository.

He had a sense that perhaps it was because of this inexplicable state that he was able to imprint everything from this manual into his mind, as if he had studied it his entire life.

The Bone Transformation Art, this technique seemed somewhat eerie at first glance, but in reality, it wasn't a harmful skill. Instead, it was a peculiar method for cultivating one's own bones.

Once successfully cultivated, the bones throughout one's body could stretch and contract within a certain range. According to the descriptions, even an adult could reduce their height by a head's length in an instant.

Of course, achieving such a level of mastery was not something that could be accomplished in a day. It also required a certain talent in this aspect. If a person's bone structure wasn't good, they would never be able to reach the optimal level.

Furthermore, it was best to begin practicing this technique before reaching adulthood. If one waited until they were already an adult, their bones would have completely matured. At that point, attempting to cultivate the technique woul

However, Zhou Yi had no worries about this aspect. The numerous experiences he had gone through in practicing various extraordinary techniques filled him with confidence in his own body.

Since the extraordinary encounter in the lake, it seemed that there was no technique that couldn't be cultivated or reach its peak state.

Setting aside the transcribed secret manual, Zhou Yi took a deep breath, and the inner energy in his dantian surged like tidal waves. The powerful inner energy continued to flow, erupting with immense energy within his body, wave after wave. His bones were influenced by the inner energy and, in the next moment, began undergoing peculiar changes.

A scorching sensation emanated from every bone, as if the iron ore had undergone a high-temperature baptism, gradually expelling impurities and refining the most essential parts.

His bones seemed to soften and become tender, undergoing a strange transformation from their original state of being as solid as weathered rocks. They appeared to turn into a sponge-like substance, slowly condensing into a cohesive mass.

This was the most extraordinary ability of the Bone Transformation Art—Bone Refinement. Utilizing the immense inner energy as a catalyst and the body as a furnace, every bone is tempered. This process is not only lengthy but also excruciatingly painful. However, if one can persevere until the end, not only will their bones undergo tremendous strengthening, becoming ten times tougher than before, but they will also possess the ability to transform their bones at will, like soft fabric.

Of course, human bones can never truly compare to sponge-like material. But when this technique is cultivated to its pinnacle, reaching the description in the book, reducing one's height by a head's length is not a difficult task at all.

Zhou Yi immersed himself in the profound changes occurring throughout his body. The pain of bone refinement, for him, seemed tolerable. It wasn't a flaw in the technique; rather, his bones seemed to be different, as if they had already been tempered by a certain power. Thus, the process of bone refinement was merely an enhancement and not something unbearable.