Chapter 85

Crafted from the same wood. These furnishings were of the most ordinary kind, even their design reminiscent of the popular styles from twenty years ago. As one of the three prominent families in Taicang County, Old Master Zhou Wude was known to be the most frugal of all, and his household and descendants had not been tainted by the airs of luxury and opulence.

And perhaps, that was precisely why there were no prodigal children among the third generation of the Zhou family. At this moment, Zhou Yi sat on the opposite side of the desk. Given his current position within the estate, he had an appropriate seat even in such a setting.

"Yi, you must have already guessed why we summoned you," smiled Zhou Wude, unable to contain his genuine joy whenever he laid eyes on his most outstanding grandson.

Zhou Yi nodded slightly and replied, "Grandfather, I know why you called me here. It's regarding the seclusion you all took recently. But I can't figure out why it made everyone so nervous, acting so suspiciously."

Zhou Wude let out a sigh and said, "I didn't want it to be this way either. However, this matter is of utmost importance to our Zhou family. So, we would rather be a little anxious than risk any slightest mistake."

Zhou Yi's gaze shifted between his uncle and grandfather Laibao , and he suddenly asked, "Did you succeed?"

"Yes," Zhou Wude straightened his sitting figure in the chair, a trace of indescribable pride in his voice. "We did succeed."

"Grandfather, you still haven't told me what exactly you've been up to," Zhou Yi expressed his dissatisfaction.

Zhou Wude burst into laughter a few times and suddenly blinked his eyes twice, asking, "Why don't you give it a guess?"

Zhou Yi was taken aback. It was the first time he had seen his usually composed grandfather making such a gesture. Not even when his grandfather learned that he had advanced to the ninth level of internal energy did he display this mischievous expression. It was evident that the old man's current state of mind was incredibly rare, perhaps once in a decade.

Countless thoughts raced through Zhou Yi's mind. Suddenly, a thought struck him, and he said, "Is it related to the Golden Crown Python?"

The smiles on the faces of the three senior members of the Zhou family froze simultaneously. They exchanged glances and let out a bitter chuckle.

Zhou Quanxin asked, "Yi, how did you guess?"

Zhou Yi shrugged slightly and replied, "The biggest event that has happened in our Zhou family over the past year is the expedition to capture the Golden Crown Python. Considering the secrecy and importance surrounding your recent activities, I can't think of any other possibility."

Zhou Wude sighed and said, "Yi, you not only possess exceptional talent but also incredible intelligence. It is truly heaven's will that the Zhou family has you."

Zhou Quanxin and Zhou Laibao nodded in succession. Until today, Zhou Yi had no idea what they were up to, but now he accurately guessed it, proving his exceptional intelligence without exaggeration.

"Grandfather, just tell me what it is already," Zhou Yi chuckled twice and urged.

"Alright, Yi. After we captured the Golden Crown Python this time, we obtained a core, and after half a year of collecting the remaining auxiliary herbs, we finally began the process of alchemy. Miraculously, we succeeded and obtained three JIN DAN(Golden Pill)," Zhou Wude said with a solemn expression.

"Golden Pill?" Zhou Yi asked with a perplexed expression.

It was indeed his first encounter with such a thing. The fact that spiritual beasts had cores inside their bodies, and that these cores could be collected and used to refine Golden Pill, was completely unheard of to him.