Chapter 14

Zhou Yi quickly returned to the ancestral house and hurriedly made his way to the courtyard where his uncle resided, which also housed the library.

As soon as he stepped into the courtyard, his body suddenly paused, and even his gaze became sharper. Unexplainably, he felt a powerful pressure, one that seemed to be directed specifically at him. However, in just an instant, the pressure vanished without a trace.

This courtyard was one of the most important places in the ancestral house, far surpassing the small courtyard where he lived. Apart from the main hall, there were two side halls, and the pressure he felt earlier emanated from one of them.

Zhou Yi shook his head slightly, and his mind was suddenly filled with the image of his uncle, Zhou Quanxin. He had a feeling that the pressure he experienced earlier came from his uncle's gaze. But as soon as he realized that his uncle had seen him clearly, his uncle withdrew his gaze.

He didn't know where this feeling came from, but the thought lingered in his mind.

After a moment of hesitation, Zhou Yi decided not to enter the side hall to greet his uncle directly. Instead, he went straight into the main hall, where the Zhou family's collection of books was kept.

Among the third generation disciples, anyone whose internal energy cultivation reached the sixth level was qualified to enter this place and browse through various martial arts techniques. Of course, everyone knew the saying "greed leads to no good," so Zhou Yi was only here for the second time.

Once Zhou Yi entered the main hall, Zhou Quanxin in the side hall furrowed his brow, displaying a hint of doubt on his face. He had noticed Yi's presence as soon as he entered the courtyard and had glanced at him from a distance. However, Yi's actions had taken him aback, especially the gaze directed towards his own room, almost making him suspect that Yi had detected his scrutiny.

But in the next moment, he dismissed this thought. Yi was just a cultivator at the sixth level of internal energy. How could he possibly detect his gaze? He realized he was being overly suspicious and paranoid. Yi must have coincidentally come here and wanted to greet him, but he was probably afraid of disturbing his cultivation retreat, so he ultimately chose not to disturb him.

After realizing this, Zhou Quanxin put his mind at ease and once again focused his energy on studying his cultivation techniques.

As Zhou Yi pushed the door open and entered, he found the room empty, without a single soul in sight. The books were neatly arranged on the shelves. However, despite the size of the bookcases, the number of books was considerably smaller.

Zhou Yi continued walking and casually approached one of the bookshelves. He took a book from the shelf without much thought.

As he opened the book, he couldn't help but be slightly startled.

"(韧皮术)Flexible Skin Technique: an auxiliary manual for Wood-element internal energy."

He sighed inwardly. How did he manage to randomly pick up a book like this?

Among the various types of techniques, they could be categorized into three groups: the primary internal energy techniques, combat techniques, and auxiliary techniques.

There is no need to explain much about the internal energy and combat techniques, as they are fundamental cultivation methods and techniques that greatly enhance a cultivator's combat abilities.

The third category, auxiliary techniques, is considered less important. For example, the Flexible Skin Technique, an auxiliary technique for the Wood-element internal energy, tightens the practitioner's skin, thereby increasing their resistance to attacks to some extent. It also has an unconventional effect of altering one's facial appearance to a certain degree when practiced to an advanced level.