Chapter 88

With a gloomy expression on his face, Zhou Yi walked out of the underground secret chamber, his heart filled with unease. Since the extraordinary encounter at the bottom of the lake, this was the first time he had felt such confusion and helplessness.

That air of disdain and boundless self-confidence, as if he was invincible, seemed to have completely vanished in this moment. His gaze was clouded with uncertainty about the future and thick disappointment.

When a person becomes familiar and accustomed to a certain power, discovering its loss can deliver an incomparable blow. After all, Zhou Yi was just a fifteen-year-old teenager. Although his current strength undoubtedly made him the number one in Taicang County, he was far from satisfied with such an achievement before today.

However, reality was cruel. When he realized that he could no longer advance using his special physique, the intense feeling of disappointment alone was enough to shatter a person completely.

At this moment, he seemed to revert back to being a fifteen-year-old teenager, lacking any confidence in the future. Leaving his own courtyard, Zhou Yi walked aimlessly, unsure of where his path would lead.

Lost in his thoughts, he found himself outside a courtyard, and he couldn't help but pause for a moment, only then realizing that he had unknowingly walked to the outskirts of the library's courtyard.

He sighed wryly in his heart, realizing that his subconscious was still persistent. However, he knew that without identifying the key to the problem, no matter how many secret manuals he practiced, there would be no possibility of a breakthrough.

"Yi, what's wrong with you?" A familiar voice suddenly came from behind him.

Zhou Yi was taken aback, his mind suddenly turning a thought: How could this voice be here?

He turned around and was surprised as he exclaimed, "Uncle, why are you here?"

Although his mind was somewhat hazy, Zhou Yi's perception had not been lost. After carefully looking for a few moments, his eyes finally brightened as he said, "Congratulations, Uncle, for successfully reaching the peak tenth level of internal energy."

Zhou Quanxin burst into laughter, unable to conceal his pride. However, his happiness didn't last long because he quickly noticed that the current Zhou Yi seemed somewhat different from before.

If the previous Zhou Yi was full of vitality and vigor, the current Zhou Yi appeared much more dejected, giving off a sense of being a defeated dog.

The extent of these two changes exceeded his imagination. He had never expected that in just over half a year, he would successfully break through the ninth-level barrier, but Zhou Yi seemed to have lost confidence and vigor.

His heart tightened suddenly because he knew very well that for a practitioner who was in the stage of ascension, losing confidence would be a tremendous disaster.

"Yi, has something happened at home?"

"No," Zhou Yi pondered skeptically for a moment, but he couldn't be sure either. Over the past half year, he had been secluded in the underground secret chamber, cut off from the outside world.

Zhou Quanxin spoke in a deep voice, "Did you encounter any difficulties during your cultivation?"

Zhou Yi hesitated for a moment and nodded.

"What kind of difficulties did you encounter? Can you talk to me about it?" Zhou Quanxin lowered his voice.

He had already advanced to the tenth level of internal energy, and his confidence was soaring. No matter what trouble Zhou Yi had encountered, he was confident that he could offer some guidance.