Chapter 21

In a sudden burst of speed, Zhou Yi darted out like a flying bird. As he passed by Xu Xiangci, his movements momentarily slowed, but he didn't linger and continued on. And by his side, the second master of the Xu family showed no intention of taking action.

In a few ups and downs, Zhou Yi reached the entrance of the forest. There were seven men present, with the foremost being Zhou Wude, the patriarch of the Zhou family. Behind him were a few of the servants who had temporarily stayed at the inn with Zhou Yi.

Zhou Wude furrowed his thick eyebrows, a trace of worry in his eyes. However, as he saw Zhou Yi bounding over in high spirits, his eyebrows immediately relaxed, and even the concern in his eyes vanished completely.

"Grandfather, why have you come?" Zhou Yi asked candidly, though deep down he felt extremely fortunate. Thankfully, his grandfather had arrived early and coincidentally, or else who knows what could have happened.

Although Zhou Wude was old, he was tall and robust, towering over others by more than a head. Now, he extended his large hand, reminiscent of a fan, and waved it dismissively. "Just felt a sudden interest in going outside and taking a look, so I came here to see you."

Zhou Yi was momentarily taken aback, glancing at the dirt on his grandfather's clothes, and the thought of Hu Bin instantly came to mind. He immediately understood that his grandfather must have heard news of Hu Bin coming here, which was why he rushed here in such a flurry. Otherwise, his grandfather wouldn't have appeared in such a disheveled state.

A warm current surged through Zhou Yi's heart, and he lowered his head deeply, whispering, "Thank you for the trouble, grandfather."

Zhou Wude gently patted his shoulder twice, his face displaying a tender and kind smile. Then, he glanced at Xu Xiangci and calmly asked, "Xu what brings you here as well?"

Xu Xiangci quickly bowed in respect and solemnly replied, "Lord Zhou, we came to track down the fugitive and coincidentally encountered Young Master Yi here."

"As one of the pillars of the second generation of the Xu family, Xu Xiangci dared not be the slightest bit presumptuous upon seeing Zhou Wude. Similarly, if it were the second generation of the Zhou family meeting the Xu family patriarch, they would also show no negligence.

Being a practitioner at the tenth level of inner strength, enough to make anyone admire him from the bottom of their hearts.

Zhou Wude's gaze glanced over the bodies carried by the two yamen officers and asked suddenly, 'Is this Hu Bin?'

"Yes, this criminal has been executed," Xu Xiangci replied honestly. The yamen officers and servants stood respectfully beside him. Their strength was weak, and even the yamen officers among them did not dare to interrupt the conversation between Zhou Wude and Xu Xiangci.

Zhou Wude nodded slightly and said, 'Xu Second, you are lucky. How is Hu Bin's martial arts?'

Xu Xiangci's face turned slightly red, and he quickly said, 'Zhou Patriarch, I did not engage in combat with this criminal.'

Zhou Wude was taken aback, and his gaze swept over the people around Xu Xiangci. With his discerning eyes, he could see that none of these men had internal strength cultivation beyond the fifth level. Moreover, they were not like Hu Bin, who had experienced battlefields and emerged from piles of corpses. While these men could do menial tasks, Zhou Wude didn't believe they were capable of killing Hu Bin, who had a notorious reputation.

His gaze hardened, and Zhou Wude asked, 'Since it wasn't you, who was it that gave me the opportunity to meet this criminal?'

Xu Xiangci's face grew even redder. At this moment, he harbored a deep hatred for Hu Bin. This criminal had first encountered the elite disciples of the Xu family and surprised everyone by injuring two of the most outstanding second-generation members. This prompted Xu Xiangci to relentlessly pursue and capture or kill Hu Bin at all costs.