Chapter 47

Zhou Yi's hand moved like lightning, effortlessly taking the life of the man in the gray robe with a soft palm strike.

His attack was as fast as lightning, and he felt no pressure whatsoever. It was only after killing this person and taking off the gray robe and black headscarf to wear them that he realized he had once again taken a life.

He sighed wryly in his heart. Could this be the result of practice making perfect?

However, Zhou Yi didn't bear much burden for killing these bandits who murdered for personal gain. Instead, he felt a faint sense of excitement.

Lifting his foot, he picked up the large knife that had fallen from the man. Although he hadn't specifically learned any knife techniques, the "Thirty-Six Forms of Mountain-Crushing" could also be adapted for knife usage.

With a swift step, he entered the courtyard.

A pungent smell of blood hit his senses. This once elegant and beautiful courtyard was now dyed red with fresh blood.

Four masked men in gray robes were madly swinging their knives at any living being that moved, but in front of each of them, there were several estate guards fighting desperately. Every move they made was extremely dangerous, as if life and death hung by a thread.

Corpses littered the courtyard, including the elderly, weak, and women and children.

But the real battlefield that determined victory or defeat was in the center of the courtyard, where a man named Cheng Ningsheng was locked in an intense battle with the leader of the group.

They both knew that this was the crucial moment, where they unleashed everything they had learned throughout their lives without reservation.

The leader of the group wielded a large knife, its blade gleaming with a chilling light. There was a thin red line on it, as if stained with blood, giving off an eerie sensation. With his swings, the air was filled with shining blade lights, reflecting the flames under the night sky, resembling a swirling white light with blood streaks.

On the other side, Cheng Ningsheng, the old man, remained steadfast despite his age. He held a cane in his hand, seemingly unremarkable in its dark appearance, but it was entirely made of refined steel, weighing a staggering eighty-six pounds.

Under the old man's swings with the heavy cane, although it lacked the dazzling display of the opponent, it carried great power in its simplicity.

Both sides showcased their full capabilities, but for a brief moment, neither could gain an upper hand against the other.

While Zhou Yi was at a loss, he suddenly heard the leader shout, "Fool, grab the box!"

Slightly startled, Zhou Yi finally realized that the man was speaking to him. With a quick glance, he saw a red wooden box lying on the ground outside their battle circle.

As soon as he saw the box, Zhou Yi's eyes lit up. He knew exactly what was inside. He immediately leaped over and effortlessly grabbed the object.

His heart filled with astonishment. Before coming here, he never imagined that obtaining this item would be so easy. Could it be that even the heavens were assisting him?

Cheng Ningsheng suddenly shouted loudly, his face twisted in a ferocious expression. He released his grip on the cane, and with a sharp sound of breaking wind, it flew toward Zhou Yi like lightning.

If Zhou Yi were still the masked man in gray, he would have no way to evade this surprise attack. However, now that he had changed identities, he quickly lowered his body and rolled on the ground, swiftly darting out of the courtyard in the same direction he came from.