Chapter 102

Zhou Yi looked at the respectful and obedient members of the Xie family and couldn't help but sigh inwardly. Before his promotion to the innate realm, they were polite but nowhere near as exaggerated in their demeanor as they were now. However, after his promotion to the innate realm and promise to help Xie Zhien break through to that realm within three years, their attitude towards him had become utmost respect.

Especially Xie Zhien, the centenarian, who even showed some disciple-like gestures. This piqued Zhou Yi's curiosity, and he asked, "Senior Xie, if there is a innate-level guardian, would all the Inner Strength experts at the Tenth Layer of the Innate realm be able to break through this barrier?"

Xie Zhien let out a bitter smile and replied, "Mr. Zhou, that is simply impossible." He shook his head slightly and sighed, "A innate-level guardian can only enhance the meridians' capacity, preventing the body from bursting during the breakthrough. But to truly break through, one must rely on their own efforts. Either they must possess dual attributes of the mutually supportive Five Elements at the peak of the Tenth Layer of the Innate realm or have an extreme inner pill refined from a spirit beast's core that is over five hundred years old. And even if these conditions are met, it only means there is a chance to break through the limit. Whether they can successfully break through or not..."

Seeing the old man's hesitant expression, Zhou Yi instantly understood. He sighed inwardly, realizing that although he had made his breakthrough, his plan to help the old man from the Zhuang family break through had completely fallen apart.

"So, even if I'm willing to help, it's not guaranteed that you can successfully advance, right?"

Xie Zhien's face darkened, and he continued, "Indeed, but this is the last opportunity in this old man's lifetime. Please, Mr. Zhou, fulfill your promise." He was afraid that Zhou Yi would go back on his word. After saying these words, he immediately bowed deeply, so deeply that his forehead touched the ground. The sincerity in his expression was enough to move anyone.

Zhou Yi quickly reached out and helped him up, saying, "Senior, please rest assured. Since I have already agreed, I will never go back on my word." His voice was steady and powerful, naturally carrying a convincing force.

The heavy burden on Xie Zhien and the others' hearts was instantly lifted. Although there was no guarantee that Xie Zhien would successfully break through with Zhou Yi's help, having this hope was much better than having no hope at all. For the sake of this hope, the Xie family was willing to pay any price.

Suddenly, an old servant rushed in from outside, holding a gold-embossed invitation in his hand. Excitement filled his face even before he arrived, and he exclaimed, "Master, His Highness Prince Tingminghe has come to pay his respects."

The expressions of Xie Nuanhang and the others slightly changed. They exchanged glances, and Xie Nuanhang respectfully said, "Mr. Zhou, Prince Tingminghe must have come because of you. I wonder if you have the intention to meet him?"

Zhou Yi asked in surprise, "Who is Prince Tingminghe?"

Xie Nuanhang pondered for a moment and replied, "In the Fire Crow Kingdom, there are four prominent noble families. The Ting family is part of the royal family and the only one with members in the innate realm. Prince Tingminghe is one of the three top experts in the Ting family. Although he may not be much in your eyes, he is already a prestigious master in the Fire Crow Kingdom."

Zhou Yi nodded slightly and thought for a moment before saying, "I have just advanced to the innate realm and would like to go into seclusion for a few days. During this time, I won't receive any guests. I hope Mr. Xie can understand."

Xie Nuanhang deeply bowed, a hint of joy flickering in his eyes. He hurriedly replied, "Since it is Mr. Zhou's wish, I will convey it truthfully."

Xie Nuanhang and the others secretly breathed a sigh of relief. From their standpoint, they certainly didn't want Zhou Yi to have any dealings with the other noble families of the Fire Crow Kingdom besides the Xie family.