Chapter 64

The boundless sea of clouds stood still, frozen in a dismal shade of white, reminiscent of the desolate ancient wastelands, evoking a sense of terror.

Upon the grand avenue, sporadic passersby could be glimpsed in a hurry, each person engrossed in their own affairs. Among them was Zhou Yi, undoubtedly one of the many.

However, as Zhou Yi walked along the road, even if he encountered someone familiar, he dared not acknowledge them. At the age of fourteen, due to his long-term martial arts training, he possessed an excellent physique. However, he was not naturally endowed with a large frame, so his body appeared somewhat slender compared to ordinary adults.

Yet, with the aid of bone-shaping techniques, Zhou Yi's body had forcefully gained some height. Moreover, he had disguised his facial features, making him resemble a down-and-out man in his thirties. As long as he stood still and remained silent, even if Zhou Quanming and Lin Wenyu sat face-to-face with him, they would not be able to detect any flaws.

Of course, Zhou Yi was aware that, due to his limited life experiences, he might not be able to impersonate a down-and-out man flawlessly. However, this was merely an initial attempt, and with increasing expertise in the future, he would naturally become more convincing. Moreover, there was no one here who would deliberately pay attention to him.

Raising his head, he glanced at the thick, seemingly endless white clouds in the sky, causing Zhou Yi to slightly slow his pace. This time, due to a certain undisclosed objective, he did not ride a horse but relied solely on his own two legs.

Given his strength, he naturally did not feel fatigued. However, walking alone unavoidably brought about a trace of loneliness.

After all, this was his first time venturing away from home all by himself.

His ears perked up slightly as he heard faint hoofbeats coming from behind in the distance. His heart stirred. This road was quite renowned within Taicang County because it was the sole pathway leading to the Xu Family's stronghold. Those daring enough to gallop freely on this road likely had some connection to the Xu Family.

He shifted his body slightly to the side and continued walking silently. As the sound of the approaching hoofbeats grew louder, only when they were nearly behind him did he feign a bewildered glance.

Upon recognizing the passenger on the horse, he couldn't help but be slightly taken aback. It was none other than Xu Yucai, whom he had once sent flying with a single palm strike.

With a quick glance, the distinguished scion of the Xu family seemed to wear a tinge of worry on his face, as if burdened by heavy thoughts. Riding past him in haste, Xu Yucai didn't even spare a glance in his direction.

Zhou Yi felt a sense of intrigue and pondered for a moment. He quickened his pace and headed towards his destination.

By the time the sun began its descent, he arrived in the small town just before Xu Family's stronghold.

Situated in a mountainous hollow surrounded by water on two sides, Xu Family's stronghold had been constructed by the ancestors over a century of hardships. Finally, within this easily defensible environment, they built a massive fortress spanning hundreds of acres.

Those who resided within the fortress included not only the descendants of the Xu family but also many outsiders who had been recruited, as well as numerous servants and attendants. Over the years, as the population grew, a town gradually formed several miles away from Xu Family's stronghold, entirely dependent on the stronghold for survival.

The population of the town was not considerable, numbering only a few hundred people. However, most of the residents had some connection to Xu Family's stronghold, to varying degrees.