Chapter 24

After completing this series of cultivation, Zhou Yi finally took a long breath. The massive stone that had been weighing on his mind for months was finally lifted.

Five months ago, he keenly sensed the intense murderous intent emanating from Mr. Xu, Xu Xiangci's body. Zhou Yi had no confidence in defeating a cultivator whose internal strength had reached the eighth level. The thought of such a formidable opponent lurking in the shadows and watching him sent shivers down Zhou Yi's spine, making him feel uneasy all over.

However, at this moment, he no longer felt fear. Instead, a sense of anticipation arose within him. If given the opportunity, he wouldn't mind encountering Xu Xiangci again and having a covert confrontation with him. Of course, it would be even better if he could triumph in battle and teach him a lesson.

Calming his mind, Zhou Yi silently contemplated the earth-shattering changes that had occurred in nearly a year. He knew that all of this stemmed from the extraordinary encounter at the lake that day. Without that mysterious and peculiar opportunity, today's Zhou Yi would still be the little fellow plagued by how to break through the fifth level of internal strength, far from being an advanced cultivator with internal strength at the eighth level.

Nearly a year of cultivation had gradually allowed Zhou Yi to adapt to his own transformations. Moreover, he had also summarized several distinct characteristics of his body.

Firstly, as long as he was willing to focus and cultivate, regardless of the cultivation technique he practiced—be it a primary internal strength technique, a combat technique, or even auxiliary techniques—his internal strength would grow. Although the rate of growth might vary, this point was undoubtedly true.

Perhaps this was the reason for Zhou Yi's remarkably fast progress in internal strength cultivation.

Apart from this unique trait, when his internal strength cultivation reached the pinnacle of a certain stage and encountered a barrier, as long as Zhou Yi chose to practice a new technique, even if it was just an auxiliary internal strength technique, he could easily break through the current obstacle and reach higher levels.

This situation is absolutely mind-boggling to the extreme. Although Zhou Yi is not particularly young, nor is he the kind of widely recognized prodigy, he understands that this matter must never be revealed to anyone. Even the closest individuals cannot be trusted.

Furthermore, ever since the extraordinary encounter at the bottom of the lake, no matter what cultivation technique Zhou Yi practiced, he mastered it exceptionally quickly. Especially with combat techniques, he effortlessly reached peak levels. What's even more astonishing to him is that his physique seems to have undergone an inexplicable change. He appears capable of practicing techniques of any attribute, and the speed and effectiveness of his cultivation are enough to astound anyone.

Moreover, Zhou Yi's true strength doesn't seem to draw attention. When he displays his immense power, in the eyes of others, that's the extent of his abilities. This can be confirmed from the fact that Zhou Wude, didn't realize that he had already surpassed the sixth level long ago.

It is precisely due to these strange changes that within less than a year, Zhou Yi has reached the eighth level of internal strength. Even within the entire Taicang County, his true strength would undoubtedly rank among the top five.

Of course, this is just his speculation and hasn't been confirmed through actual combat, so it's not entirely reliable.

After tidying up everything, Zhou Yi returned to his room, only to hear the sound of the doorbell outside. He was slightly startled and opened the door to see his uncle, Zhou Quanyi, smiling at the entrance of the courtyard.