Chapter 51

After hearing the words "Golden-Crowned Python," Zhou Quanming and his sons understood why Zhou Lao had urgently summoned them back and why even Zhou Laibao was present in the hall.

In this world, humans are considered the pinnacle of the food chain, standing at the top. However, there are creatures that possess much greater power than humans and possess a certain level of intelligence. If an ordinary person encounters these creatures, it would be a matter of life and death, with slim chances of survival.

These creatures are collectively known as spirit beasts.

The Golden-Crowned Python is one such spirit beast. Although it is not an immensely powerful one, even a martial artist at the tenth level of inner energy would likely flee for their life if they encountered such a creature alone.

Zhou Quanming gasped and said, "Third Brother, you're really lucky to have escaped from the mouth of a fully-grown Golden-Crowned Python."

Zhou Quanyi forced a bitter smile and replied, "Second Brother, don't joke around. If I had truly encountered a fully-grown Golden-Crowned Python, it would have been nearly impossible to return safely."

Zhou Wude nodded slightly and said, "Quanming, this time your brother only discovered signs of the Golden-Crowned Python's presence deep in the mountains and immediately returned. I and your Bao uncle have personally investigated, and there's no mistake."

A glint flashed in Zhou Quanming's eyes. While spirit beasts possessed formidable strength and could easily claim lives, it was also true that if one could successfully slay a spirit beast, it would bring unexpected benefits to a cultivator.

The value of a Golden-Crowned Python far exceeded that of the Thousand-Year Blood Ginseng missing from the Cheng Residence.

"Father, what do you plan to do?" Zhou Quanming asked in a deep voice.

Zhou Wude remained calm on his face, but his voice carried a hint of excitement. "Quanming, as they say, fortune favors the bold. Since we have discovered that Golden-Crowned Python, we mustn't let this opportunity slip away."

Zhou Quanming glanced at the people in the hall and hesitated before saying, "Father, it's fine for a few of us to go, but Yi and his brothers are still young. What do you think..."

Zhou Wude waved his hand and said, "They are not too young anymore. They should officially get involved in the family affairs, and this battle against the spirit beast is a rare opportunity. Their inner energy cultivation is at least at the sixth level. I don't expect them to lend a hand, but I hope they can broaden their horizons."

Zhou Quanming dared not say anything further and could only bow in response.

Zhou Wude stood up and said, "Although the Golden-Crowned Python is not a high-level spirit beast, its strength as a spirit beast is formidable. We cannot confront it head-on. Instead, we will set up traps in secret. If we can inflict serious injuries on it, we can capture and kill it." His gaze lingered on the faces of everyone in the hall before he spoke seriously, "Only we few must know about this matter. It must not be leaked to the outside, or it will undoubtedly bring disaster to our family."

Everyone's hearts trembled, and they quickly bowed in acknowledgment. If the news of Zhou Family possessing a spirit beast were to spread, it could potentially invite catastrophe upon the family, just like what happened to the Cheng Residence over the Thousand-Year Blood Ginseng.

The Golden-Crowned Python was active during the day and rested at night. To set up the traps properly, the Zhou family discussed their plans extensively. During the day, they rested and conserved their energy. When evening came, led by Zhou Wude himself, a group of nine people set off towards the depths of the mountains.