Chapter 135

Above the small town, there was only one exquisite inn, elegant and immaculate, exclusively designed for the affluent. Similarly, there was only one grand courtyard reserved for such wealthy patrons. When two wealthy individuals unexpectedly crossed paths and neither was willing to yield, a dispute naturally ensued.

At this moment, on the roadside in front of the inn, the two individuals confronted each other, empty-handed, engaged in a fierce clash. One of them was Zhong Pu Yuan, a customer from the Yuan family, whose cultivation had reached the eighth level. With his level of cultivation, he would receive excellent treatment in any prestigious household. However, due to the great favor he had received from the Yuan family during his youth, he willingly served the family and could be considered the most accomplished among the escorts in this particular group.

The other person was a middle-aged man dressed in a tight-fitting garment, remarkably lean and thin. His narrow shoulders, long arms, and legs seemed elongated, while his hands dangled outside his sleeves as if they had grown an extra length.

Surprisingly, his internal energy had also reached the eighth level. Moreover, his strikes were extremely vicious, with his long arms resembling spider legs. Each time they moved through the air, a strange whistling sound followed, as if his arms were his very weapons.

Zhong Pu Yuan felt a sense of caution towards the middle-aged man's arms, but when he made his moves, they were light and effortless. Every time, he could easily deflect the opponent's arms at crucial moments.

Although both parties had engaged in combat, they displayed considerable restraint and did not truly go for the kill. They had already sensed each other's significant backgrounds. In such circumstances, no fool would recklessly unleash a lethal attack.

Drawing a sword and killing someone at the slightest provocation upon encountering them on the road was not something that every cultivator could accomplish.

Perhaps those elusive horse bandits or exceptional innate experts like Zhou Yi could, but certainly not individuals like them who had a background and insufficient strength to surpass the law.

Beside them, Yuan Li Xuan and another person faced each other from a distance, both wearing unpleasant expressions. It seemed they didn't truly desire a conflict, but at this point, their swords were drawn and couldn't easily be sheathed.

Yuan Li Xuan possessed only a cultivation of the fourth level of internal energy. However, behind him stood at least five experts at the seventh level of internal energy, ready to serve him. Furthermore, the men continuously emerging from the inn, armed and displaying hostile expressions, exerted immense pressure on the opposing side.

Tension gradually built in the scene.

As more people gathered behind Yuan Li Xuan, the several individuals facing him grew increasingly uneasy. Especially the middle-aged man who was engaged in combat with Zhong Pu Yuan, his attacks were becoming more fierce.

Indeed, when anyone sees their enemies gradually increasing in number, they instinctively seek to eliminate the immediate opponents before dealing with the rest. Moreover, based on his recent observations, he had confirmed that Zhong Pu Yuan was the only expert among them at the eighth level of internal energy. Once he dealt with him, the others would be much easier to handle.

At the very least, even if they couldn't win, they could easily escape.

Sometimes, the restraining role played by a skilled expert far outweighed that of a large group of lower-level cultivators.

As the middle-aged man grew more serious, Zhong Pu Yuan suddenly felt tremendous pressure.

The middle-aged man clearly employed an extremely rare metal attribute technique, and at least half of his techniques were focused on his unusually elongated arms. With each swing of his arms, it was akin to wielding large blades, and the edges of his palms subtly shimmered with a metallic hue. This was undoubtedly a characteristic that emerged when one practiced a certain special level of mastery in a metal attribute technique.