Chapter 172

In the midst of Ling Yao peak, the Medicine Garden stood as one of the most crucial places. Dozens of disciples with internal energy at the eighth level or above were stationed there at all times.

As they entered the Medicine Garden, a disciple in a blue robe immediately approached them. His gaze swept over them before he spoke in a solemn tone, "Senior Zhou, please stay."

Zhou Wude smiled faintly and said, "Yi, bring out the Master's token."

Zhou Yi flicked his wrist and threw the token bestowed upon him by the Medicine Daoist.

The blue-robed disciple, who had reached the ninth level of internal energy, caught it and examined it closely. His face instantly showed profound respect as he bowed deeply and said, "So it's the Grand Patriarch's order. Please come with me, both of you."

He slightly bent his body, clearing the way and respectfully ushered them in.

Although Zhou Wude had been re-admitted as a disciple under the Medicine Daoist and recognized Zhou Yi's status as an elder, this information had not yet spread. Otherwise, they would not have needed any token to enter the Medicine Garden.

When Zhou Yi entered the Medicine Garden, the scenery before him dazzled his eyes.

The garden was lush, with grassy paths and filled with the songs of birds and the busyness of bees and butterflies. The scenery was remarkably different from what he had imagined.

Beside him, Zhou Wude let out a long sigh and said, "It's been over forty years since I last set foot here. It seems like nothing has changed. It's as if time has flown by in the blink of an eye."

Having lived on Ling Yao peak for over forty years, he was as familiar with the Medicine Garden as he was with his own home.

The precious plants in the Medicine Garden had a history of thousands, or even tens of thousands of years. For these plants, Zhou Wude's absence from Ling Yao peak for a mere few decades was like the blink of an eye. Therefore, when Zhou Wude entered the Medicine Garden, he did not feel any sense of unfamiliarity but instead was filled with deep emotion.

Zhou Yi's gaze shifted, and he noticed more than ten disciples walking cautiously in the garden. Although Zhou Yi didn't understand the specifics of their tasks, he knew that they were responsible for taking care of these precious plants.

Among these individuals were mostly disciples of Ling Yao peak aged between thirty and fifty, but there were also a few who were of similar age to Zhou Wude. Their entrance immediately drew everyone's attention, and the two elderly individuals greeted Zhou Wude warmly. When they learned that Zhou Wude had officially returned to the sect, their faces lit up with joy, and Zhou Yi couldn't stop smiling.

When these people discovered that Zhou Wude and Zhou Yi had come to the Medicine Garden under the orders of the Medicine Daoist to learn about flowers, plants, and medicinal herbs, they expressed surprise, but they were merely puzzled and had no reason to suspect anything.

Zhou Wude did not disclose the impending elder status of Zhou Yi in the Hengshan lineage. After all, Zhou Yi was his grandson, and if it came from his mouth, it might leave a negative impression. Besides, Zhou Wujin was also aware of the matter, and in a few days, the entire Ling Yao peak would likely know about it.

Under the guidance of the elders, Zhou Yi began his studies in the Medicine Garden. The token bestowed by the Medicine Daoist represented the status of an elder in the Hengshan lineage. With this token in hand, he would have unimpeded access throughout the entire Hengshan Sect. However, Zhou Yi's current interest was solely focused on alchemy. Therefore, he spent his days either in the Medicine Garden or in the Medicine Daoist's library, immersing himself in the world of alchemy.