Chapter 196

Having resided in the thriving Zhou Family Village for ten days, Zhou Yi handed over eight Limit-Breaking Golden Pills and over a hundred Energy-Boosting Golden Pills to his father. He repeatedly emphasized the unique nature of the Limit-Breaking Golden Pills, expressing that one's entire life might only offer a single opportunity to break through the limits by consuming it. Hence, utmost caution and significance were required in its usage.

Zhou Quanming, naturally, understood the severity of the matter and safely stored away the Limit-Breaking Golden Pills. However, he distributed the Energy-Boosting Golden Pills among others, even granting one to Yuan Liling.

Zhou Yi was highly satisfied with his father's decision. Since Yuan Liling had promised to remain within the Zhou family forever, it was only fair to treat him equally.

Subsequently, he departed once again with Yuan LiXun, heading towards the capital of Tianluo Kingdom.

Everyone knew that the current prosperity of the Zhou Family Village was attributed to Zhou Yi being the nation's Guardian Grandmaster. Even the royal family spared no effort in showing their favor towards him. In such a situation, even Zhou Yi had to return the favor.

He didn't want to disrupt this honeymoon-like period easily.

However, a few days after his departure, Jinlin Yuan Family's patriarch, Yuan Chengzhi, arrived in great haste. Upon receiving a letter from his eldest son, Yuan Liling, he abandoned everything and rushed to the Zhou Family Village.

Upon his arrival, he was instantly stunned by the earth-shattering changes that had taken place. But after a private meeting with Yuan Liling, his brows furrowed deeply, and he said, "Liling, what nonsense did you write in your letter? How could you give up your position as the next family head? Even if it's a woman from the Zhou family, she is not worth such a choice from you."

Yuan Liling smiled faintly and said, "Father, I didn't act recklessly. I made this decision after careful consideration."

Yuan Chengzhi's face contorted, and he said, "Nonsense! Are you saying that in your heart, a woman from the Zhou family is more important than the entire Yuan family?"

Yuan Liling shook his head and replied, "Of course, they can't be compared. But, father, do you think our two daughters from the Yuan family can truly live worry-free after marrying into the Zhou family?"

Yuan Chengzhi was taken aback. He seriously pondered for a moment and said, "Liling, with the protection of the Zhou family, our Yuan family can indeed live worry-free in Jinlin. The news of Master Zhou Yi defeating Master Cheng Fu has spread throughout Jinlin. I can't think of anyone foolish enough to provoke our Yuan family."

Yuan Liling let out a sigh and said, "Father, maybe for one or two years, that's the case. But what about ten or twenty years from now? What if another ambitious family like the Fan family emerges? How will we deal with it? Must we seek assistance from the Zhou family every time, just because there's a postnatal expert with Internal energy at the tenth level?"

Yuan Chengzhi fell silent and speechless. After a moment, he spoke in a solemn tone, "Liling, is this your reason for making such a determined decision?"

Yuan Liling straightened his chest and said, "Master Zhou Yi has promised that as long as I stay in the Zhou family, he will ensure that I reach the peak of the tenth level of Internal energy before I turn sixty. And once I reach the pinnacle of the tenth level of Internal energy, perhaps I'll have even greater possibilities." His eyes sparkled with a brilliance that made it difficult for Yuan Chengzhi to confront him, "Once I achieve the peak of the tenth level of Internal energy, there may be further opportunities for advancement."