Chapter 84

Lin Tao Li was stunned for a moment, then forced a bitter smile and said, "Master Zhou, I have been impolite." 

Zhou Yi, who was observing from the side, found it quite intriguing. He wasn't sure what being a named disciple of Hengshan represented, but seeing Lin Tao Li's reaction, he had a clear understanding that it must be a considerable force. 

Otherwise, Lin Tao Li wouldn't be so moved. "No worries, I am just a named disciple, nothing more," Zhou Wude shook his head and said, "Since I'm not an official disciple, I naturally can't meet Lin Gongzi's expectations."

Lin Tao Li humbly spoke a few words, hesitated for a moment, and said, "I understand your intention. You want Yi to go to Hengshan, right?"

"Indeed," Zhou Wu De said without hesitation, his words showing no sign of compromise.

Lin Tao Li nodded slightly and continued, "Master, with Yi's talent, joining Hengshan is an effortless task. However, even if he becomes an official disciple of Hengshan, there will come a day when he will emerge and make a name for himself. Moreover, it seems that the rules of Hengshan do not prohibit disciples from serving as elders or protectors of other influential families. So, I invite Yi to enter the Lin family, which does not contradict your wishes."

Zhou Wu De was also taken aback, looking at the other person with a hesitant expression.

Returning to Hengshan was the greatest wish of his life, but allowing Yi to enter the Lin family was equally a very good choice. The Lin family had a thousand years of heritage, and although its martial arts collection couldn't compare to Hengshan, it surpassed the Zhou family by far. For the current Zhou Yi, it was undoubtedly the best choice.

Seeing the hesitation on his grandfather's face, Zhou Yi's heart softened, and he said, "Brother Lin, since grandfather has made a decision, I shouldn't go. However..." He paused, then solemnly continued, "If I truly have the opportunity to enter that, that Hengshan, and come out in the future, I will never forget today's events. If I were to visit the Lin family at that time, I hope Brother Lin won't turn me away."

Lin Tao Li's face relaxed, and he burst into laughter, saying, "If Brother Zhou is willing to come, I am overjoyed and would never dare to reject you."

In truth, he felt somewhat regretful, but since Zhou Yi had already made his decision, he couldn't force him. It was not uncommon for attempts to recruit someone to backfire and turn them into enemies.

However, it was truly unexpected that the Zhou family had Hengshan origins. Zhou Wu De had concealed it so deeply that even the Cheng family had received no hint of it. He could indeed be considered a secretive person.

After the discussion, Lin Tao Li was about to take his leave when Zhou Yi held onto him tightly.

"Brother Zhou, I am merely returning to my family. If I have the chance in the future, I will definitely come to visit you," Lin Tao Li said, feeling a bit reluctant. But then he added, "If you miss me, you can come to Linlang. After all, it's a big city, and even if it's just to broaden your horizons, it would be a good experience."

Zhou Yi shook his head like a rattle drum and said, "Brother Lin, you can leave if you want, but before you go, let's have another match. I want to try your Earth Seal and Cloud Rain Seal."

Lin Tao Li: "............"

Zhou Wu De: "............"

In the end, Lin Tao Li stayed for three days under Zhou Yi's "enthusiastic" insistence. Regardless of how sincerely Zhou Yi tried to persuade him to stay longer, Lin Tao Li refused and left as if escaping for his life.